HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
United States, ME, Skowhegan
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
Discussion
HK KK 2.1 Orientation Issue

I am sure it's something simple that I am doing wrong, as I am new to this, but..

When I press forward, my quad wants to go left. If I press left, the quad wants to go in reverse, etc.

-------------
Some Info
-------------

I am using a HK KK v2.1 board flashed with KK4.7 by kapteinkuk (KK47X1540M168.hex)

My motors are setup as...

Front Left = 2 (CW) - Front Right = 1 (CCW)
Back Left = 4 (CCW) - Back Right = 3 (CW)

My HK KK v2.1 arrows are pointed at motor 1 (Front Right)

Rick
Sisco is offline Find More Posts by Sisco
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:05 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisco View Post
I am sure it's something simple that I am doing wrong, as I am new to this, but..

When I press forward, my quad wants to go left. If I press left, the quad wants to go in reverse, etc.

-------------
Some Info
-------------

I am using a HK KK v2.1 board flashed with KK4.7 by kapteinkuk (KK47X1540M168.hex)

My motors are setup as...

Front Left = 2 (CW) - Front Right = 1 (CCW)
Back Left = 4 (CCW) - Back Right = 3 (CW)

Rick
Motor 1 should be front left then M#2 FR, M#3 Bottom Right and M#4 BL.
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:57 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH33ZEBURG3R View Post
Motor 1 should be front left then M#2 FR, M#3 Bottom Right and M#4 BL.
Wrong.

FL #1 FR #3
BL #2 BR #4

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73

X-mode setup:
Motor 1: front left, CW
Motor 2: back left, CCW
Motor 3: Front right, CCW
Motor 4: Back right, CW
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,608 Posts
Quote:
You will also need to have your flight controller arrows pointing in the middle of the two front motors to fly X config. You have the fc orientation for + config.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
Thank you all. There are several places online where the motor setup is listed different.

This did work (kind of)...

I also moved the arrows of the controller to point between the 1 + 3 motor.

It's working with the exception of everything being backwards. Forward = Backwards, Left = Right, Right = Left, etc.

I set the aileron, evevator & rudder to reverse in my transmitter. I'll have to do some reading to see if it's possible to reverse them right on the HK KK 2.1 controller.

On to the next step.

Rick
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Thank you all. There are several places online where the motor setup is listed different.

This did work (kind of)...

I also moved the arrows of the controller to point between the 1 + 3 motor.

It's working with the exception of everything being backwards. Forward = Backwards, Left = Right, Right = Left, etc.

I set the aileron, evevator & rudder to reverse in my transmitter. I'll have to do some reading to see if it's possible to reverse them right on the HK KK 2.1 controller.

On to the next step.

Rick
If you've set all on your Tx and quad still doesn't want to move in the right direction...reverse all on Tx again and try. You can't reverse handling on controller.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2012
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
If you've set all on your Tx and quad still doesn't want to move in the right direction...reverse all on Tx again and try. You can't reverse handling on controller.
My last comment was not very clear..

I should have said..

"I set the aileron, elevator & rudder to reverse in my transmitter *and now it's working fine*. I'll have to do some reading to see if it's possible to reverse them right on the HK KK 2.1 controller *just for ease of switching transmitters*."

But your reply clears that up for me.

Next I need to figure out how to adjust the three pots on the controller. If I give it just a bit of throttle, it's yawing to the right.

This is all a learning experiance. I very recently built a F450 quad kit with a naza which is fool proof to set up so I wanted to build something from from scratch.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:57 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
My last comment was not very clear..

I should have said..

"I set the aileron, elevator & rudder to reverse in my transmitter *and now it's working fine*. I'll have to do some reading to see if it's possible to reverse them right on the HK KK 2.1 controller *just for ease of switching transmitters*."

But your reply clears that up for me.

Next I need to figure out how to adjust the three pots on the controller. If I give it just a bit of throttle, it's yawing to the right.

This is all a learning experiance. I very recently built a F450 quad kit with a naza which is fool proof to set up so I wanted to build something from from scratch.
Just use your trims on Tx.

Roll pot is P gain for Roll and Pitch. Pitch pot is I gain for Roll and Pitch. Yaw pot is P gain for Yaw. I gain on Yaw axis is hard coded.

Turn Roll pot to about 50% and if you see oscilations the back down a little. Set Pitch pot to about 40% and if quad stays in position I gain is good. Yaw pot to about 60%.

See this video for tuning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=YNzqTGEl2xQ#!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:30 PM
Almeria, Spain
Joined Dec 2011
26 Posts
Please, what is "P gain" and "I gain". Sorry but I'm make my first quad. Thank you.
alaire is offline Find More Posts by alaire
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:34 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaire View Post
Please, what is "P gain" and "I gain". Sorry but I'm make my first quad. Thank you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=YNzqTGEl2xQ#!