Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:17 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
Discussion
Help with Plush 30A & Paris V3 not working

i have a Multiwii Paris V3 i have been using for some time on my quad .
I just finished put together a X8, using 4 previous motors and turnigy plush 30a esc, and then i got 4 more identical esc (but bought in a second moment).
I can't get the new esc's to work. none of them. I did throttle range calibration one by one by connecting esc directly to rx. No problem at all. I can even test motor, throttle responds correctly.
BUT if i connect that esc to multiwii board, i will get infinite short beeps.. i am able to arm and disarm board, but have no control on esc... it just keep beeping fast.. according to esc manual it's a idle throttle error..
I have no problem if i connect one of my "old" escs to same board output...
i'm lost...
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepelell View Post
i have a Multiwii Paris V3 i have been using for some time on my quad .
I just finished put together a X8, using 4 previous motors and turnigy plush 30a esc, and then i got 4 more identical esc (but bought in a second moment).
I can't get the new esc's to work. none of them. I did throttle range calibration one by one by connecting esc directly to rx. No problem at all. I can even test motor, throttle responds correctly.
BUT if i connect that esc to multiwii board, i will get infinite short beeps.. i am able to arm and disarm board, but have no control on esc... it just keep beeping fast.. according to esc manual it's a idle throttle error..
I have no problem if i connect one of my "old" escs to same board output...
i'm lost...
Do you have the program card for your ESCs? Have you check the program on your new ESCs compare to your old ESCs?

Are you using PPM SUM to control the Paris V3.0 board from your receiver? Since you are doing X8 how are you plugging in the speed controllers? Are you controlling two motors with each speed controller?

How about a picture of your setup?
SeismicCWave is online now Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Aug 06, 2011, 05:00 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
i managed to solve it.. after i posted, i remebered that also the previous esc were calibrated with my previos fc, a kk board.. for some reason i couldn't calibrate correctly directly connected to receiver...
so i connected my 4 new escs to kk board and did throttle calibration. Once connected to Paris board, everything was fine.
I am not using ppm sum, using Y cable to drive 2 esc from 1 output, board thinks it's a quad, so i can still use camera stabilization outputs.
Managed to make a quick flight before it started raining again..
It seems to fly ok, but i thought it would have more power. hovering at 60% , just like it did before when it had only 4 motors... so i actually gained nothing by adding 4 motors. I need to do more tests, try to invert props/motors etc..
Upper motors keda 2022L with 10x3.8SF
Lower motors turnigy 2209 1050Kv with Gaui 8" props.
2 x 3300 3s turnigy
Fiberglass reinforced balsa central backbone with 15mm alu arms.
2300g auw

i only have a mobile phone pic...

wiring still needs to be cleaned.. wow there is a lot of it on a 8 motor config with 2 batts and 2 separate power boards...
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Aug 06, 2011, 08:28 PM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Might be that all the extra weight that was added has took most of the thrust that has been added in with the extra motors. But from my understanding, x8 configuration doesn't add much, just better to go with a octo configuration for better results.
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong