Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined May 2009
351 Posts
I'm in the process of building one too. The tip of my wing was damaged/broken and there were a couple of minor places on the plane I need to fix. I'm using the 68mm rc lander edf 3850kv on 4s. They are pretty heavy so I'm going to balance it with 2 4s 5000mah packs in the front. Overally its a nice plane. I picked up some turnigy retracts that fit perfect. I'm sure mine wont be as light as some of the others, but its going to be nice.
hemiblas is offline Find More Posts by hemiblas
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 12:48 AM
United States, MI, Taymouth
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
I just purchased one of these. Mine only has slight damage to one wing tip. I would like to know what others are putting in for the fan units. The fans from Lander look great but are pricey for this plane i think. They also look to be heavier then a plastic setup. I would appreciate any info and ideas. Thanks
foundryratjim is offline Find More Posts by foundryratjim
Old May 04, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined May 2009
351 Posts
I PM'd you the ones that I bought. They fit perfectly into the slots. I was also looking at some other units and plastic units might be lighter, but you generally have the balancing issues and they are a pita to take apart to balance. I still havent gotton a pre-built edf unit apart in one piece, so I have just given up. Trying different combinations with motors and fans can also be hit and miss. My last setup on a jet I built gave me 216A on 6S at full throttle and I was shooting for 60A, so I'm not going to mess with it anymore. I would like to note that at 216A it took off like a rocket and I so badly wanted to leave it like that, but my batteries didnt think it was a good idea.
hemiblas is offline Find More Posts by hemiblas
Old May 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, MI, Taymouth
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
What servo's are you using? I just bought two metal 68mm lander fans. I don't want to cut corners on servos. Thanks.
foundryratjim is offline Find More Posts by foundryratjim
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiblas View Post
I'm in the process of building one too. The tip of my wing was damaged/broken and there were a couple of minor places on the plane I need to fix. I'm using the 68mm rc lander edf 3850kv on 4s. They are pretty heavy so I'm going to balance it with 2 4s 5000mah packs in the front. Overally its a nice plane. I picked up some turnigy retracts that fit perfect. I'm sure mine wont be as light as some of the others, but its going to be nice.
Which Turnigy retracts did you pick for this A-10?
pbkjr is offline Find More Posts by pbkjr
Old Dec 09, 2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I can fly...
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Jun 2005
2,485 Posts
Anybody still flying one of these? I bought one for a real cheap price and working on getting it flying. I need a copy of the manual if possible. CG at least
wyldkrd is online now Find More Posts by wyldkrd
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:06 PM
chillax! It's only a Hobby
United States, CA, Millbrae
Joined Apr 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkrd View Post
Anybody still flying one of these? I bought one for a real cheap price and working on getting it flying. I need a copy of the manual if possible. CG at least
I might have what you need
1moparman1 is offline Find More Posts by 1moparman1
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:08 PM
chillax! It's only a Hobby
United States, CA, Millbrae
Joined Apr 2011
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkrd View Post
I have a set of lander 70mm fan unit and pod and esc ready to plug in I can sell you
1moparman1 is offline Find More Posts by 1moparman1
Old Aug 01, 2014, 02:09 PM
I Love To Fly!
United States, LA, Morgan City
Joined Jan 2011
22 Posts
Projet A-10 Retracts Wanted

Anyone knows what electric retracts will work on the Projet A-10 warthog?
chebert is offline Find More Posts by chebert