Old Dec 20, 2014, 08:36 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by four stroke pwr View Post
HS-85MGs are all you really need....
Very true. I've got 150 flights on my 51 with HS-85's, they work great. I don't think many of us view the 51 as some sort of competition plane that needs the best of everything, its more of a small plane that flies great and is a lot fun. Keep it simple and it will be much more enjoyable.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:28 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,031 Posts
I agree the Slick is awesome with hs85s.
I just didn't want to be the guy that stopped someone from getting a better servo, Because of technical issues I brought on myself. It is however awesomest with the hs 5087.

I wasn't all that interested in upgrading my servos either, but I got a really good deal on 8 when I was equipping my AJA Laser. For the guys that don't have servos for their Slicks yet, spend the extra couple of dollars per servo. You wont regret it.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:27 AM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Nov 2004
162 Posts
one amazing airplane

I just got my 51 going, my first real 3D plane. Flew gliders for a long time, and started with a carbon z yak. The yak was a perfect plane to get me into the Slick. That and alot of sim time will save me alot of $. Super impressed with the quality and flying characteristics of the Slick. I've owned alot of high end gliders and like things built right, hate fiddling with a built airplane!, and the Slick is no exception. I think I'm going to get hooked on 3D. Managed some good knife edge complete circles, it does that well for some reason. It's going to take me awhile to hover and harrier roll, it's a lot different than the Phoenix sim, but I will get there. Should be flying well by summer...
FULLSCALE is offline Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:43 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,154 Posts
Congrats on the 51", it is a great little plane.... And though not in recent years, I have been known to put a plane with long skinny wings into the air once or thrice... (started with an Ace High, then a L'il T, then graduated to some better ones over the years.. Graupner "Cirrus", Airtronics Grand Esprit, Aquila Grande etc...)

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:26 PM
No Static
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
370 Posts
51" AJ Slick (4 min 46 sec)

new go pro for me...nice Monday afternoon flight. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
proving gravity is offline Find More Posts by proving gravity
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:16 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,031 Posts
nice flying PG..
I have a go pro that I use as a hat cam. You can set it for narrow view at 780p for a closer view if you want. It isn't quite zoom but it works.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck