SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 09, 2013, 12:55 AM
Joined Dec 2006
86 Posts
Discussion
Availablility of ET Sensors

I'm intending to build a poor man's steady state dyno for small spark ignition engines, and the ET eLogger could be a good tool for data acquisition purposes. I already have a V3 eLogger and am thinking about getting a V4 for its extra logging abilility.

I see there are sensors offered on eBay that aren't listed on the ET website. The cylinder head temp thermocouple and the exhaust gas temp thermocouple are two examples. Are these sensors supported by the V3 and V4 variants or are they legacy products to be avoided?

Thanks,

Ian B
brw0513_2 is offline Find More Posts by brw0513_2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2013, 07:09 PM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Those are sensors for the FDR product, not the eLogger. The FDR is more general purpose than the eLogger, which is optimized for electric planes. The FDR is a current product, not legacy in the sense most people mean it, and works just fine. It's probably a better choice for your dyno.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares