HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 07, 2014, 07:09 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Hoogvliet
Joined Jul 2008
319 Posts
New coding season started. Lessons learned will be implemented.

1: Receiving and transmitting arduino's will be seperated from the executing arduino's. Less lag and more ways to send commands then just a box with switches and sticks.
2: the RX/TX arduino's will get a small LCD(on i2c) for configuring, info (voltage, Ah, etc.), debugging and later Feedback (easier since it's not busy setting pins on/off).
3: Protocol works, needs commenting and refining
4: Changing channels by remote is possible. Change the channel on the TX and the RX follows. Other way around won't be implemented. If someone changes the channel on his boat, your transmitter could also change, NOT funny.
Most functions were tested in previous versions, but are now more final.

Not much time thou, since my boss asked me to go and study some more. But then, since the RX/TX side is now seperate from the command/executing part of the code. It's easier to debug and I have way less soldering to do. Previous versions toke a lot of time because I had to resolder/redesign most stuff. Now it's just a few buttons, an encoder and 4 i2c wires. The TX gets it's commands from the Serialport (either USB (PC or Raspberri) or Pin0 & 1). The RX side can be read through the USB for testing and Pin 1 & 0 for transfer to the other Arduino for actually doing stuff. Debugging is now a whole lot easier.

keep you guys posted. Happy building,

Danny

PS: most of the code is written from scratch to eliminate errors.

PPS: added some preview files. Serialpart works, transmit part awaits parts. After that, the LCD and encoder will be fully implemented.
Dutchraptor is online now Find More Posts by Dutchraptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 03:02 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Hoogvliet
Joined Jul 2008
319 Posts
Closing this topic. New version is to different from this one. New topic will be made when this new version is ready to build by others. Less soldering and way less code. More flexible in input and output.

Thanks for the comments and tips. Some will be implemented in the new code.

Best regards,

Danny

Preview of things to come:
Dutchraptor is online now Find More Posts by Dutchraptor
Closed Thread