HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:02 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,074 Posts
Hope all my fellow Phantom owners have a very Happy Holidays and a spectacular New Year!!!!

Mel
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2014, 09:02 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,473 Posts
Yes, Happy Holidays guys

took this vid last Sunday in less than Ideal conditions to fly LOS but careful flying FPV was a hoot ! (without autopilot, rtl or osd!)
Zeta Phantom in Fog (6 min 48 sec)

Enjoy
Tom

ps, turn down your volume... one of these day I will get better vid -editing software!
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Dec 25, 2014, 04:31 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,074 Posts
Wow, that looked like an absolute blast!!!!!! Flying low clouds like that is about the most fun a guy can have with his clothes on! Cruising in and out of the mist without an OSD must add a little adventure to it also I did a short flight last week with nothing but a camera/ VTX and it felt so odd. How easy it is to get hooked on the technology and having all that info right in front of you.

Such a fun flight though! Can't wait for the next chance to do the same!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt View Post
Yes, Happy Holidays guys

took this vid last Sunday in less than Ideal conditions to fly LOS but careful flying FPV was a hoot ! (without autopilot, rtl or osd!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqYQGHg-n8I

Enjoy
Tom

ps, turn down your volume... one of these day I will get better vid -editing software!
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM
Joined May 2014
90 Posts
Flying without osd clutter in your googles is really the best fpv one can do, feels very pure and natural. All I have is voltage display! merry boxing day.
bladexxl is offline Find More Posts by bladexxl
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladexxl View Post
Flying without osd clutter in your googles is really the best fpv one can do, feels very pure and natural. All I have is voltage display! merry boxing day.
+1!
My minimOSD is setup on a switch to turn the display off, display on with only battery and distance from home or display on with everything. I too like it empty when just cruising

Mark
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
Joined Jun 2012
39 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2276174
cfcf is offline Find More Posts by cfcf
Last edited by cfcf; Yesterday at 10:26 PM.