HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2014, 05:35 PM
Joined Feb 2004
544 Posts
Thanks Gilles. Am I correct to assume GMFC is adjusting the height of the outer panel to allow for different speed of cut of the tipp inner panel and the root outer panel.
Rod
Wetafly is offline Find More Posts by Wetafly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2014, 04:29 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetafly View Post
Thanks Gilles. Am I correct to assume GMFC is adjusting the height of the outer panel to allow for different speed of cut of the tipp inner panel and the root outer panel.
Rod
Yes, unless you have uncheck the kerf boxes in the cutting dialog.

Gilles
gm.cnc is offline Find More Posts by gm.cnc
Old Nov 12, 2014, 07:42 PM
Joined Feb 2004
544 Posts
Thanks Gilles
Cores came out nicely. 7.5 meter Diana 2.
I still haven't really got a good understanding of the new Foam management dialogue box. Is there a tutorial for it or a discussion somewhere? Perhaps we could have one here.
Rod
Old Nov 13, 2014, 02:45 AM
France
Joined Feb 2006
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetafly View Post
Thanks Gilles
Cores came out nicely. 7.5 meter Diana 2.
I still haven't really got a good understanding of the new Foam management dialogue box. Is there a tutorial for it or a discussion somewhere? Perhaps we could have one here.
Rod
Really good, congrats.

I know I should make a web page... This is really simple. The slice is cut without kerf in foam management. So cut the slice, then measure the height. The difference between the measure and the desired height is the kerf.

First determine the speed/heat on a rectangular slice, without checking "measure at the tip" .

Then measure the kerf at tip by checking "measure at the tip". This will cut a tapered slice with the C ratio. Choose a C that is close to the kind of wing you will be cutting with this material.

Gilles
gm.cnc is offline Find More Posts by gm.cnc
Old Nov 13, 2014, 03:22 PM
Joined Feb 2004
544 Posts
That's great Gilles,
I understand now. My problem was that I didn't realise the Foam management dialogue box doesn't apply kerf in the tests. To test the kerf I would still use the trapeze project in the foam cutting dialogue box. I would adjust the taper ratio of the trapeze to be the same as the tests in the Foam management dialogue box.
Rod
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:36 PM
Neal
Christchurch, NZ
Joined Nov 2004
166 Posts
It's been a while since I last posted, hi everyone.
My foam cutting machine is 98% finished after not touching it for a year. Sadly I've forgotten most of what I figured out! So please forgive me for asking the following.

I bought two power supplies, one is 48v 7.5A, the other is 36v 10A. Which one drives the steppers, which one the other gmfc thing? Are they OK or do I need to get something better?

Thanks, Neal
HotAir2 is offline Find More Posts by HotAir2
Old Nov 22, 2014, 01:21 AM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAir2 View Post
It's been a while since I last posted, hi everyone.
My foam cutting machine is 98% finished after not touching it for a year. Sadly I've forgotten most of what I figured out! So please forgive me for asking the following.

I bought two power supplies, one is 48v 7.5A, the other is 36v 10A. Which one drives the steppers, which one the other gmfc thing? Are they OK or do I need to get something better?

Thanks, Neal
Hiya Neal!!!!

I just asked JW a couple of weeks ago if he had seen you. Hope the house is coming along.

I know you have GGC but I don't recall what controller you have. The GGC will handle the 48v supply for wire heat. I would suspect the 36v to run the board/motors should be fine. Need to know the amps on your motors.

For wire heat using the 36v would run out of enough power around 42" of bow wire length IF cutting 1.9 EPP depending on wire type/dia and cut speed.

That's the way I would go, 48 on wire heat and 36 on motors. :-)
danfield is offline Find More Posts by danfield
Old Dec 23, 2014, 02:02 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Mar 2000
865 Posts
new wing larger then table 2667. table is 770

I have a new big wing,105" or 2667 for a AW20 wing. I have made it into a 3 piece wing witch fits. But the TE of the tip is cut by 13 mms but not at root. Even if you tell it to make is 13 mms longer it does the same.
Kevin Matney is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
Old Dec 23, 2014, 02:26 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Matney View Post
I have a new big wing,105" or 2667 for a AW20 wing. I have made it into a 3 piece wing witch fits. But the TE of the tip is cut by 13 mms but not at root. Even if you tell it to make is 13 mms longer it does the same.
I tried to open both files and it errored out.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:06 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Mar 2000
865 Posts
Asw 20

I have tryed to make this a 3 part wing,but the ## keep changing
To start with
Root Air foil is HQ 2.5/14% 11.75" Tip is HQ 2.5/13 6" with a 2" lay back
Half span is 105".
Wing skin is 1/16"
LE is 1/2"
But when you make into 3 parts the all the # change. The tip is now 189 mms not 152mms
Kevin Matney is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Matney