Find More Posts by whowhatwhere
CA...gimme the CA...
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Jun 2005
886 Posts
Help!
V913 servo locked - question about replacement

Hey folks,

Just received a V913 in the mail yesterday, and one of the servos is locked and will not move. I emailed the company for a replacement, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have a lot of spare servos, so I was gonna replace the locked one.

Q: Are the stock servos cheap and crappy?

I'm inclined to say cheap...but it's best to ask, don't want to mismatch the performance too much. I have some Hitecs here and was gonna use those.

Seems as if I should replace both of them, if anything for consistency.

Opinions? Thanks in advance.
whowhatwhere is offline Find More Posts by whowhatwhere
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by rchrist
Joined Nov 2013
889 Posts
The v913 servos are not as good as the Hitecs, but have held up in the v913. For me they were to slow and didn't have enough throw. Had to extend the servo horn, until I changed them for faster metal gear servos.

You can bench test your other servos (connect them without installing if they will fit) and see if they move in the correct direction, how fast they move, and see if they move smooth. You can change only one, but I would match both the same.

Ric...
rchrist is offline Find More Posts by rchrist