Old Jan 03, 2016, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by mistairjoe
lake orion mi
Joined Sep 2002
1,547 Posts
Build Log
I.a.r. 81c

I started a build thread on RC Scale builders and will do one here also.
I did get a lot of help from some of you here which I am thankful for.
I still have some questions regarding the spar/gear arrangement that is proprietary to this plane but it is part of decisions and puzzle solving. The scale is 1/5 at 86.6 inches similar to the FW 190.
I find this plane interesting in several aspects besides the fact that I have not seen it modeled even though there is some interest.
Of the original there were 461 built which is impressive for a small country like Romania. It was all metal except for the flying surfaces and was powered by a license built French radial engine of 1000 HP.
It was quiet successful in defending against B24s and P 28 fighters downing over 20 of them one day on a raid against Ploesti oil fields.
Cheers Joe
mistairjoe is offline Find More Posts by mistairjoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2016, 09:08 AM
lake orion mi
Joined Sep 2002
1,547 Posts
I need some opinions on the wing landing gear configuration. I think I have worked out the 2 piece solution of the wing as shown in this screen shot. The wing tubes are shown under the spars. I thought of going with a one piece wing which is manageable at 86 inches but the deep set wing is an issue. Comments please.
Last edited by mistairjoe; Jan 03, 2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2016, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by scale_only
on'tday eedfay ethay ollstray
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
4,816 Posts
maybe a three piece wing would solve a lot of issues with the gear well and wing tube conflict,,

good luck
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 05, 2016, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by the goon
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
2,691 Posts
. Always thought this was a cool plane.

Mark
the goon is offline Find More Posts by the goon
Old Apr 07, 2016, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by pccdtk
Chitila / Romania
Joined May 2008
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistairjoe View Post
I need some opinions on the wing landing gear configuration. I think I have worked out the 2 piece solution of the wing as shown in this screen shot. The wing tubes are shown under the spars. I thought of going with a one piece wing which is manageable at 86 inches but the deep set wing is an issue. Comments please.
I have the same problem . So , after several attempts without success, I follow real structure . Like that :
pccdtk is offline Find More Posts by pccdtk
Old Apr 07, 2016, 06:43 AM
lake orion mi
Joined Sep 2002
1,547 Posts
Looks great Robert. I did something similar but i like yours better.