New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2015, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by Altbob
Joined Oct 2012
413 Posts
No, sorry. I'm surprised because I saw spare parts for the Albie, including props and spinners, in little baggies hanging from a peg board not that long ago when I was there. I can't imagine when or who would have snapped these up on a plane that's been out of production over a year now. Try here: http://www.scienceandhobby.com/news.php

I was told they are still selling the Flyzone planes.
Altbob is offline Find More Posts by Altbob
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2015, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by eagle1933
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
222 Posts
I called Science and Hobby but got no answer so I emailed them. In the meantime, if you happen to visit Adirondack Trains and you see the props with white foam spinners, let me know on this thread and I'll call them again or you can email me at jtrombla@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Jim Trombla
eagle1933 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1933
Old Dec 18, 2015, 03:11 PM
Joined Oct 2012
413 Posts
Will do!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by Pouncer
Wanton construction
Stockholm Sweden
Joined Sep 2006
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1933 View Post
I called Science and Hobby but got no answer so I emailed them. In the meantime, if you happen to visit Adirondack Trains and you see the props with white foam spinners, let me know on this thread and I'll call them again or you can email me at jtrombla@yahoo.com.
Thanks, Jim Trombla
You can always try Tower Hobbies:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKVX&P=7

From the looks of it, 2 props plus 3 spinners, and in stock.
Pouncer is online now Find More Posts by Pouncer
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:32 PM
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
222 Posts
I have been in touch with Flyzone (Great Planes) by telephone. They tell me that the picture one finds with 2 props and three foam spinners is out of date and that they no longer make the foam spinners. Also that they have the same part number of FLZA 6100 for two props and three small plastic spinners and also for two props and three foam spinners. All vendors have not yet changed their pictures to reflect the all-plastic set. I talked with Tower Hobbies last Wednesday and they said they do not have the foam spinners and that they needed to change the picture on their web site. I think my only hope is to find a Hobby Shop that still has the old foam spinners in stock set like Adirondack Trains.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by speedy01
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,993 Posts
Quote:
I think my only hope is to find a Hobby Shop that still has the old foam spinners in stock ...
Why not just make your own -- very simple and fast ... and you'll never run out:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=571

Gene K
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:12 AM
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
222 Posts
Hey Speedy: that's terrifc! Many thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by microlyn
Fly it like you're in it
Canada, ON, London
Joined Nov 2012
1,333 Posts
Craft stores also sell styro balls/eggs in all sizes(especially now, near Christmas), as do many other places with a craft department(Walmart, dollar stores..etc)
Easy to find one and cut it to size
microlyn is online now Find More Posts by microlyn
Old Dec 21, 2015, 02:53 PM
Joined Oct 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
I have been in touch with Flyzone (Great Planes) by telephone. They tell me that the picture one finds with 2 props and three foam spinners is out of date and that they no longer make the foam spinners. Also that they have the same part number of FLZA 6100 for two props and three small plastic spinners and also for two props and three foam spinners. All vendors have not yet changed their pictures to reflect the all-plastic set. I talked with Tower Hobbies last Wednesday and they said they do not have the foam spinners and that they needed to change the picture on their web site. I think my only hope is to find a Hobby Shop that still has the old foam spinners in stock set like Adirondack Trains.
Hey, I went to Adk Train & Hobby on Saturday on your behalf and found the Albatross spare parts pegboard, and I purchased the spinners and props for you - see photo.

I talked to the woman behind the counter (turns out she's the owner's wife) and she said she remembered someone calling and asking about Albatross parts and she didn't know what they were.

FYI they have enough spare parts there to probably make 2 complete Albatrosses [Albatri?]). Then her husband said that the spare parts weren't selling and he was going to take all of it and stick it on eBay.

Anyway, I sent you a personal message with my Paypal info so I can mail the stuff to you!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by smittyboy
Joined Mar 2014
826 Posts
This is such a cool looking plane. I am sorry I never bought it before Flyzone discontinued all of their micros. I wish HH would put a UM version of this plane out.
smittyboy is online now Find More Posts by smittyboy
Old Dec 21, 2015, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by Joe 1320
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altbob View Post

I talked to the woman behind the counter (turns out she's the owner's wife) and she said she remembered someone calling and asking about Albatross parts and she didn't know what they were.

!
Um..... That would have been me. Was kinda bummed when when
She said she didnt have any.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Dec 22, 2015, 03:49 PM
Dallas USA, TX
Joined Jul 2010
222 Posts
Altbob: I have sent a couple of personal messages. Hope you have received them.
Jim
Old Dec 29, 2015, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by BGauweiler
United States, WI, Holmen
Joined Aug 2003
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntfreaks View Post
this was my PZ guts conversion

and this is what i did to help stop the bottom wing from cracking at the 90

Which ParkZone system did you use? Did you have to replace the motor also or did you just choose to?
BGauweiler is offline Find More Posts by BGauweiler
RCG Plus Member