HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2014, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
21 Posts
Discussion
Xaircraft Stella Gimbal

http://www.xaircraft.com/camera-gimbal/

Hopefully we can begin a discussion on this gimbal, and dealers selling it can give us updates on this sexy beast.
SoulReaperSaiyan is offline Find More Posts by SoulReaperSaiyan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2014, 08:45 PM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Jan 2005
568 Posts
puft.. yet another go pro gimbal, everyone and there mom is making one now it seems.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:17 AM
Australia, NSW, Rooty Hill
Joined Sep 2013
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
puft.. yet another go pro gimbal, everyone and there mom is making one now it seems.
With GoPro selling the quantity of cameras that they do, why wouldn't you?

STELLA will be slightly different with regards to adaptability. We have discussed incorporating it as the base for cup holders in 4WD vehicles and for carrying radioactive materials in testubes by hand, baby capsule and deep sea fishing seat stabilization, and a few other innovative applications. There are some Friday nights where I wish I had them on my shoes for the dance floor (when I walk across one to get to the bar).
XAircraft Aus is offline Find More Posts by XAircraft Aus
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:31 AM
Joined Sep 2013
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulReaperSaiyan View Post
http://www.xaircraft.com/camera-gimbal/

Hopefully we can begin a discussion on this gimbal, and dealers selling it can give us updates on this sexy beast.
Hey thanks SoulReaperSaiyan for creating this thread. I was going to start it this week once pricing and release date is confirmed (yes - information should be finalized by Friday).

The first two units are being live tested by myself and Justin (Director XAircraft in Australia) and I can guarantee no post production stabilization was used for the STELLA footage, however I was on the STELLA baby capsule for my interview.
Video link below.

XAIRCRAFT STELLA GoPro Gimbal [OFFICIAL] Video (2 min 2 sec)
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Let's not even get onto the topic of yo momma. LOL.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Jan 12, 2014, 01:19 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,204 Posts
Reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Jan 12, 2014, 02:02 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
The vibration dampening setup is one of the few around that are correctly using those types of anti vibration rubber grommets. Looks really good.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Jan 12, 2014, 04:18 AM
Joined Dec 2011
21 Posts
This gimbal is awesome also for us SuperX users as it connects directly into the FC + its only 170grams with the gopro!!

This is going to make my Avroto 3515 (Mejzlik props) + X650 pro setup seem overkill.
I love it! xD

Keep up the good work guys! Quality at an affordable cost (just like avroto does)
SoulReaperSaiyan is offline Find More Posts by SoulReaperSaiyan
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:48 PM
AirPlay Group
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Mar 2013
93 Posts
Will Stella work with octacopters set up with SuperX?
ledd_sledd is offline Find More Posts by ledd_sledd
Old Jan 13, 2014, 08:45 PM
Joined Sep 2013
174 Posts
STELLA vs Everything.

The only lead you need hooked up to STELLA is a power source (up to 6S).

Auto stabilisation is internal and is not carried out by SuperX as STELLA isn't connected to the IO module. Manual override is achieved directly from your radio receiver. On top of STELLA are four servo style ports. Power, Video Out, Tilt control and Roll control.

My X650Pro with STELLA uses a FUTABA SBUS set-up, so I have a single SBUS cable to IO, and my Tilt plugged into ch8 on my R7008SB RX assigned to RS slider

Pre-orders should be available from your distributor this week. Remember it's Chinese New Year soon (31st Jan) and production will stop for two weeks so get in early so your XAircraft dealer doesn't run out of stock.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Jan 14, 2014, 04:24 AM
Joined Dec 2013
17 Posts
Quick question.......

Does anybody know if Xaircraft are planning to produce a larger gimbal in a similar style, for NEX/GH type cameras?
Gandhi23 is online now Find More Posts by Gandhi23
Old Jan 14, 2014, 04:46 AM
Ars longa, vita brevis
Joined Jan 2014
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAircraft Aus View Post
The only lead you need hooked up to STELLA is a power source (up to 6S).

Auto stabilisation is internal and is not carried out by SuperX as STELLA isn't connected to the IO module. Manual override is achieved directly from your radio receiver. On top of STELLA are four servo style ports. Power, Video Out, Tilt control and Roll control.

My X650Pro with STELLA uses a FUTABA SBUS set-up, so I have a single SBUS cable to IO, and my Tilt plugged into ch8 on my R7008SB RX assigned to RS slider

Pre-orders should be available from your distributor this week. Remember it's Chinese New Year soon (31st Jan) and production will stop for two weeks so get in early so your XAircraft dealer doesn't run out of stock.

Thanks,
Anthony
Looks like now I'll have 5 different gimbals for Go Pros. 4 just wasn't enough.
Size, weight, appearance, SBUS connectivity all look good. It'll be fun to beat up on it and see how good/reliable the function is/isn't. Coming to the party this late in the game I'd like to believe there's been plenty of time to wring out all the wrinkles.

Of course the one major wrinkle is the release of a GoPro 4, and whether it'll fit in or work with any of these things.

Ah well. Unbridled consumerism is what makes the world go 'round.
ursa is offline Find More Posts by ursa
Old Jan 14, 2014, 06:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Aug 2013
1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi23 View Post
Quick question.......

Does anybody know if Xaircraft are planning to produce a larger gimbal in a similar style, for NEX/GH type cameras?
From what I have read they are planning additional mounting options, type and style will depend on weight I would imagine, still give it a couple of hours and you will get an answer from the horses mouth, they are very good that way

David
djmorgan is offline Find More Posts by djmorgan
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:59 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,069 Posts
STELLA (0 min 27 sec)

Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jan 14, 2014, 06:49 PM
Joined Sep 2013
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmorgan View Post
From what I have read they are planning additional mounting options, type and style will depend on weight I would imagine, still give it a couple of hours and you will get an answer from the horses mouth, they are very good that way

David
Neigh.
At this stage STELLA remains faithful and won't look at other cameras. She is happy with her hero.