SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Discussion
PZ P-47 cant seem to roll straight?

During take offs and/or landings, my p-47 will NOT stay straight.. I have adjusted the tail wheel sooooo much and it will simply not go straight. When I take-off the airplane will stay straight for about 5 feet then start going left or right FAST causing me to almost crash or abort take-off if possible.
Well, landings, im sure you guys can picture that.

I CAN NOT, TO SAVE MY LIFE, GET IT TO GO STRAIGHT!! Any input?

Thanks in advance guys,
happy flying
Swert Pertoto is offline Find More Posts by Swert Pertoto
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:29 PM
Electric flyer
Renton, WA, US
Joined Oct 2007
1,291 Posts
I do not have any experience with this particular plane, but in general tail draggers will do this. If you are really good with the left stick you can largely overcome it with practice. Or you can pick up a gyro from HobbyKing or elsewhere and install it on your rudder servo. It will help A LOT! I have one on an 48" Extra 330 that I got to help me hover (I'm still no good at it!), but with the gyro it tracks perfectly straight on take off
fly time is offline Find More Posts by fly time
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
Electric flyer
Renton, WA, US
Joined Oct 2007
1,291 Posts
Here's a link...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4320
fly time is offline Find More Posts by fly time
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:34 PM
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly time View Post
I do not have any experience with this particular plane, but in general tail draggers will do this. If you are really good with the left stick you can largely overcome it with practice. Or you can pick up a gyro from HobbyKing or elsewhere and install it on your rudder servo. It will help A LOT! I have one on an 48" Extra 330 that I got to help me hover (I'm still no good at it!), but with the gyro it tracks perfectly straight on take off
I might just have to do that because it turns pretty aggressive.. for the meantime I will have to slow down landings (which i land at almost stall speed) but while i get a gyro. thanks flytime!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:41 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,585 Posts
take a picture of your front landing gear so i can see it. looking down you front wheels should be forward of the wings and even. i have this plane. had it happen before, and that was the problem
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
take a picture of your front landing gear so i can see it. looking down you front wheels should be forward of the wings and even. i have this plane. had it happen before, and that was the problem
if you mean that they are flipped, they are not because they WERE when I first installed the LG and the plane wouldnt move, even at full throttle.. the gear would just bend
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:42 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,585 Posts
lol no i didn't think of that,but it could have been. i bent one wheel out of alinement to show what i mean. thay need to be even, and not toed in. that is what was wrong with mine talking about landing and taxiing. not the torque roll when you take off with to much power right
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:01 PM
Joined Nov 2009
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
lol no i didn't think of that,but it could have been. i bent one wheel out of alinement to show what i mean. thay need to be even, and not toed in. that is what was wrong with mine talking about landing and taxiing. not the torque roll when you take off with to much power right
that might be the problem! They are not even all the way.. I will try it again tomorrow. Thanks all!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:07 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,343 Posts
Right rudder
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member