HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Yea I tried that along with rebinding but nothing seems to work
If you have a programmable tax such as the DX6i, did you hold the rudder stick to the right when binding and to the left if you have a non programmable tx such as DX4?
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:59 AM
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
If you have a programmable tax such as the DX6i, did you hold the rudder stick to the right when binding and to the left if you have a non programmable tx such as DX4?
No, we have 2 MCPX and have never had to do that but I will give it a try. I have a DX7
Beancounter is online now Find More Posts by Beancounter
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Heli Mad
Australia, VIC, Elsternwick
Joined Feb 2002
985 Posts
The rudder right is needed for the Nano but not the mcpx.
stevebarrow is offline Find More Posts by stevebarrow
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow View Post
The rudder right is needed for the Nano but not the mcpx.
My mCPX manual says hold rudder right or left depending on tx . It's on page 7.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Whoops, thought this was the nano thread.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeUp View Post
This off topic but I've got to ask, what bike is in your photo? Bultaco? Love it!
Its a CZ. Made in the Czech Republic. I had 2 back in the 70's
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,667 Posts
has anyone come across an issue with the brushless setup with SPIN motor, the motor losses power at mid flight
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split scheme Hangar 9 Funtana
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I am posting here as a "prospective" owner,lol. I am buying one today from a fellow on Ebay. I am adding this to my fleet sort of out of order, as my whole approach to heli flying has been. Anyway, hoping this will in some way get me ready to try my 450 someday. Looking foreward to trying this little birdie out. If anyone has an opinion, is this easier/more forgiving than the Nano?
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:47 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I am posting here as a "prospective" owner,lol. I am buying one today from a fellow on Ebay. I am adding this to my fleet sort of out of order, as my whole approach to heli flying has been. Anyway, hoping this will in some way get me ready to try my 450 someday. Looking foreward to trying this little birdie out. If anyone has an opinion, is this easier/more forgiving than the Nano?
I find the mCPX to be a little more stable than the nano but, the nano is more durable. The mCPX did not give me the confidence to fly my 450. The 130X better prepared me for the 450X.

By the way, HH has dropped the price of the mCPX to $159.99. I have seen it for $125 plus shipping online.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
First off, I really like my MCPXs - have 3 of them (2 brushless and 1 brushed). I do find in their stock configuration that the Nanos fly better than the MCPXs. But my definition of better (more responsive and easier to flip and do tricks on) probably isn't what you're looking for at this time. In the forgiving category, here's what I found (stock configs):

- the MCPX is more stable and slower to get out of control with bad inputs (still lightning fast relative to the 450)
- the MCPX doesn't take a hit as well as the Nano (was always losing linkages before I changed the rotor head to something with a cage around the linkage)
- the MCPX is more likely to have the tail blow out with abrupt throttle movements, especially when the battery starts getting weak (needs the longer boom to lessen this issue) - usually leads to a crash for me indoors
- the MCPX is less prone to tail shakes than the Nano

I think you'll find the MCPX to be a good learning tool if you lengthen the tail boom. For just learning about how a CP heli flies, it's better than the Nano since it's a little more stable. I'd use it to get to the point where you're not dumb thumbing on the throttle all the time, then I wouldn't hesitate to going to the 450 to try what you learned on the MCPX. I think you'll find the 450 is the easiest to fly of the three helis you mentioned - just a lot more intimidating at first.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
I find the mCPX to be a little more stable than the nano but, the nano is more durable. The mCPX did not give me the confidence to fly my 450. The 130X better prepared me for the 450X.

By the way, HH has dropped the price of the mCPX to $159.99. I have seen it for $125 plus shipping online.
+1 on the 130X - absolutely love the way they fly. I got 2 just so I am sure to have 1 always ready. IMO, it flies a lot better than a 450 3d. However, as a starter CP heli, I think it will be very frustrating as the tail gears (especially the "C" gear) will begin to slip if you strike the ground/grass with the tail rotors. They are definitely prone to breaking in a crash, which is why I got 2.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Thank you for these excellent and very informative replies. Today as I said I am buying a MCP X V2, and I will have now the MCX2, MCX Tandem, 120 SR, MCP X V2, and 450 3D.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Last edited by stuball56; Nov 18, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Quote:
For me, the mCPx is better in every way than the Nano. I have a stock mCPx V1 that I have had for 18 months and several hundred flights, it's on its second tailboom (now solid 2mm rod 1" ext.) second frame, third set of skids, second motor, second tail motor, original spindle, second canopy, and flies like a champ. I bought a nano a week ago and already destroyed the canopy, broke three sets of skids, bent the spindle three times, and and now have a tail wag issue the mCPx never had. All flying/crashing factors equal comparing the two helis. The micro gets 4:00 on a stock battery, the nano gets 3:00 if I'm lucky before LVC. I'm not seeing the supposed advantages of the nano, other than that I can flip it inside and I'm afraid to try it with the micro. Just my 2 cents.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBomber View Post
For me, the mCPx is better in every way than the Nano. I have a stock mCPx V1 that I have had for 18 months and several hundred flights, it's on its second tailboom (now solid 2mm rod 1" ext.) second frame, third set of skids, second motor, second tail motor, original spindle, second canopy, and flies like a champ. I bought a nano a week ago and already destroyed the canopy, broke three sets of skids, bent the spindle three times, and and now have a tail wag issue the mCPx never had. All flying/crashing factors equal comparing the two helis. The micro gets 4:00 on a stock battery, the nano gets 3:00 if I'm lucky before LVC. I'm not seeing the supposed advantages of the nano, other than that I can flip it inside and I'm afraid to try it with the micro. Just my 2 cents.
Wow aside from the canopy that is the complete opposite of my nano experience, as well as my friends who have both. My nano canopy did disintegrate pretty quickly but I've patched it up with scotch tape and now it's pretty much indestructible. EVERY time my mcpx goes in at a minimum the main gear needs to be twisted to the correct position and pushed up, and usually the links pop off and other things happen. The nano I've piled into the pavement so many times I can't even count, inverted and not, and so far all I've broken is a swashplate arm! There is absolutely NO question in my experience that the nano is far more durable. Not saying the mcpx isn't, it's amazingly durable and honestly hard to break if you fly in high grass, and the mcpx is definitely more stable and faster, but the nano is so much less intimidating since if it hits you it won't hurt you (mcpx has CUT me bad) and has so little mass you are more inclined to throw it around. I love all my birds but my nano gets used more than any of the others. Usually I'll alternate between nano and mcpx to let the motors cool. I have a brushless mcpx but I don't fly that as much since it's a tad more fragile and far from stock.

130x is awesome but a lot more intimidating than the little guys. 300x even more so! 450x is under the tree for xmas...

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
I bought a used mcpx v2 on another forum and it arrived waaaaay worse for ware than advertised(go figure). I had to replace a tail fet, main motor, tail motor, servo arms and a few other things. I finally have this thing flying right but every so often, say 1 out of 6 batteries, I get a complete power shut down mid flight for a split second. The heli will piro once or twice then kick back on and continue on its way. I am running 300mah 45-90c nanotechs and it has also happened on the stock 200mah eflite pack as well. Any ideas?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz