HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:56 AM
ParkFlyer
jap71173's Avatar
United States, HI
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
here's a 15min battery at WOT that works great... hope it helps:

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-35C-EZ/Detail
jap71173 is offline Find More Posts by jap71173
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:28 PM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
is recomended CG accurate for this Corsair!

thank you so much for a quick response. I have not recieved the plane yet (in the mail) I have found that some of the recommended CG's are off a bit. If you have found that this airplane has a great recomended CG then I will go with that. (I assume it will be in the instructions) Crashed my A-10 warthog the first flight last month when the recomended CG was so far off I could not keep the nose up. Hoping to avoid living that night mare again

(I still wake up in a cold sweat at night screaming as I watching my little A-10 tank killer, disintegrate in the beautiful grassy field)
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
Poboy 72
poboy72's Avatar
USA, MO, St Louis
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
Stock CG Probably Correct

Yeah, the manual seems pretty -DNO- on the CG. I measured it to be approx. 68 -69mm from the leading edge (your standard first 1/3 of the wing location). Also, on mine, the location is just right behind (almost touching) the channel for the servo wire. I marked it for future reference as well. I made my own balancer and I just lay the plane on the marks for an easy check.

The attachment is for the manual. Good luck and happy flying... PB72
poboy72 is offline Find More Posts by poboy72
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:23 PM
ParkFlyer
jap71173's Avatar
United States, HI
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc Roller View Post
thank you so much for a quick response. I have not recieved the plane yet (in the mail) I have found that some of the recommended CG's are off a bit. If you have found that this airplane has a great recomended CG then I will go with that. (I assume it will be in the instructions) Crashed my A-10 warthog the first flight last month when the recomended CG was so far off I could not keep the nose up. Hoping to avoid living that night mare again

(I still wake up in a cold sweat at night screaming as I watching my little A-10 tank killer, disintegrate in the beautiful grassy field)
I have the 800mm corsair and it was a bit tail heavy even with a bigger battery than recommend, so i glued x2 AA batteries right behind the cowl under the motor and the cg was dead on from there... I have heard the CG on almost all the 800mm were off and tail heavy and need weight in the front, but that could just be rumor... i'm not sure on the 1400mm planes.

Hope this helps...
jap71173 is offline Find More Posts by jap71173
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:27 PM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
removal of engine cap?

Hello thanks for all the help on this thread it has made the plane build much quicker and more enjoyable.

took the plane out taxied around for about 30 seconds getting the it all straitened out lined up hit full throttle and poof either the engine or the esc died.

all that to say has anyone removed the front engine cap. I do not want to completely destroy the decal looking for the spot to cut a slit. would love to see a pic of the exact location to make my cut.

thanks
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc Roller View Post
Hello thanks for all the help on this thread it has made the plane build much quicker and more enjoyable.

took the plane out taxied around for about 30 seconds getting the it all straitened out lined up hit full throttle and poof either the engine or the esc died.

all that to say has anyone removed the front engine cap. I do not want to completely destroy the decal looking for the spot to cut a slit. would love to see a pic of the exact location to make my cut.

thanks
upon further investigation it appears it is glued together between where the yellow and the black and white stickers meet going to buy a new knife to cut them apart
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:23 PM
Registered User
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2009
574 Posts
You can pull out the black plastic "engine" part and get to the motor mount screws with the long screwdrivier that comes with the plane. That's what I did when the motor mount broke. No need to cut off the whole cowl
aero_k is offline Find More Posts by aero_k
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
modification built for speed!

Hello

the esc being replaced flew the plane several times loved it! Now I'm ready to see what you guys have done to give it more speed and power.

different esc?
different motor?
an esc with a higher pwm rate or is that even applicable today?

is there a thread somewhere that already has some tried and true mods (I could not find any)

already flyng with a 2200mah and 30c

thanks again for all the help
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
taking the weight out of the the battery compartment

Wow much better just removed the weight that was buried under the battery compartment. much better and with that 2200 / 30 c bat no need for that weight!
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:49 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
PikeStaff's Avatar
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc Roller View Post
Hello

the esc being replaced flew the plane several times loved it! Now I'm ready to see what you guys have done to give it more speed and power.

different esc?
different motor?
an esc with a higher pwm rate or is that even applicable today?

is there a thread somewhere that already has some tried and true mods (I could not find any)already flyng with a 2200mah and 30c

thanks again for all the help

You have a whole lot of reading ahead of you...........

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767759

Enjoy. This will answer any question you may have!
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:33 AM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
great stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeStaff View Post
You have a whole lot of reading ahead of you...........

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767759

Enjoy. This will answer any question you may have!
great reading there thanks!
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
RC Roller
United States, MO, Branson
Joined Jun 2011
37 Posts
2 changes that will really make a difference!

after much much reading I found two changes that really made a huge difference and cost almost nothing!

1) A 2 blade prop 11/4.7

2) removing the weight in the battery compartment

can complete two 360 aileron rolls before a stall while climbing strait up! wow what a difference!
rc Roller is offline Find More Posts by rc Roller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:52 AM
ParkFlyer
jap71173's Avatar
United States, HI
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc Roller View Post
after much much reading I found two changes that really made a huge difference and cost almost nothing!

1) A 2 blade prop 11/4.7

2) removing the weight in the battery compartment

can complete two 360 aileron rolls before a stall while climbing strait up! wow what a difference!

That sounds great! My only concern is if youre putting that 11x4.7 prop on the stock motor for an 800mm corsair, that motor won't last long...! But if you have an upgraded motor or the 1400mm corsair, then i take it back and say good job!

In fact, if you have the 1400mm corsair, try putting a small mAh 4 cell in there (maybe 1800mAh if it will fit)... it will be a heat seeking missile!!! (but with a 4S batt you'd want to downsize the prop a bit too)
jap71173 is offline Find More Posts by jap71173
Last edited by jap71173; Jun 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
PikeStaff's Avatar
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,743 Posts
Uuhhh....

The 11x4.7 will work just fine on that motor.... the stock 3-blade attached to it now is an 11x6. You are assured it won't tax the motor at all.

However. As regards the 1400mm Corsair - please go to either of those 2 threads to see what you will need for them, there. BTW, that one swings a 14" diameter prop.

..........And you will need a whole lot more than a "small mAh 4 cell" for her, too
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:55 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
PikeStaff's Avatar
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc Roller View Post
after much much reading I found two changes that really made a huge difference and cost almost nothing!

1) A 2 blade prop 11/4.7

2) removing the weight in the battery compartment

can complete two 360 aileron rolls before a stall while climbing strait up! wow what a difference!
Atta boy! Discovery is a wonderful thing! Lots to come for you with this one. Truly a great airplane.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article E-flite Blade CX2 All-in-One with Spektrum 2.4 GHz Radio System Review Michael Heer Coaxial Helicopters 128 Jul 31, 2011 08:52 AM
Discussion SIAP HL Art Tech 2.4 Corsair GiusedtoBe Electric Warbirds 0 May 08, 2009 03:44 PM
For Sale Art-tech 2.4 ghz 4 channel radio w/ receiver Doby Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Mar 11, 2009 02:11 PM
For Sale Art-tech 2.4 ghz 4 channel radio w/ receiver Doby Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 8 Mar 07, 2009 10:17 PM
Discussion Art-Tech 2.4 Radio Gordito Volador Radios 2 Jan 05, 2009 07:36 PM