Old Feb 07, 2015, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
22,042 Posts
New Product
Aerobeez 70" Slick Pro

Anybody else here have one yet?! They debuted the airplane not too long ago (out at Arizona Electric Festival this year), already been hearing good things about it. Just ordered one up today, going to use a Hacker A60-6XS, Jeti Spin 99 OPTO ESC, Turnigy 6s 5000 30C packs, all spinning a Xoar 22x10 PJN. Going to use Hitec 7954SH servos as well on 2s Fromeco 2600 Relion packs, unregulated. All guided by the fantastic Hitec Aurora 9X transmitter and Optima 7 receiver.

Should be fun

http://aerobeez.com/70-24-SLICK-PRO-...CK-YELLOW.html

They're having a 20% sale right now for Valentines day right now too, perfect incentive to pick one up!

I'll be posting a relatively short-ish build log here, nothing fancy. Check out Aerobeez's thread down in the Vendors forum if you need a more in depth build guide:

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Check out the video they have posted as well, looks killer!

Slick 540 PRO at AEF 2014 with Tomas Simatovic! (5 min 29 sec)

Please note I don't have any association with Aerobeez, I'm just an enthusiastic end user that's stoked about his new airplane!
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2015, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Also interested in this. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Feb 07, 2015, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by Moabjeeper
United States, UT, Salem
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
Me too, I'm trying to decide between this airplane and a AJ Lazer 73"
Moabjeeper is offline Find More Posts by Moabjeeper
Old Feb 08, 2015, 04:25 AM
Find More Posts by RCMC
Inanity-Free Zone
Delaware
Joined Jan 2006
635 Posts
It looks like the 3D Hobby Shop 71" Slick, even down to many of the components, with the exception of modifications to the lightening holes and some additional carbon fiber. This plane originated with Andrew Jesky and 3D Hobby Shop.

You might check them out too. The prices are about the same.

RCMC
RCMC is offline Find More Posts by RCMC
Old Feb 08, 2015, 09:06 AM
Hitec RCD CSR
Joined Oct 2007
22,042 Posts
Hey guys, let's keep the 3dhs banter in their respective threads, thanks!
Old Feb 08, 2015, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by RCMC
Inanity-Free Zone
Delaware
Joined Jan 2006
635 Posts
Sorry, I thought shining a light on things was good.
Old Feb 08, 2015, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by aftica
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMC View Post
Sorry, I thought shining a light on things was good.
Don't feel sorry. The stark, ugly light of truth is not a bad thing and I think you may be right.

I won't need to read any further. Thanks!
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
Old Feb 08, 2015, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by RCMC
Inanity-Free Zone
Delaware
Joined Jan 2006
635 Posts
Team,

There is plenty of room in this hobby for everyone. I wish all the luck to Aerobeez and there new plane.

RCMC
Old Feb 08, 2015, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Team,

There is plenty of room in this hobby for everyone. I wish all the luck to Aerobeez and there new plane.

RCMC
Thank you for saying that RCMC. I've dealt with Aerobeez before and personally have had nothing but a positive experience with the company. Hope it works out well for them. Never hurts to have more choices in airframes.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Feb 08, 2015, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by TAS Foamies
AKA tomascratchbuild
Joined May 2012
37 Posts
Man I must say, this thing is really growing on me. Ive flown many electrics this size, but something about this one just feels 100% locked in. I was expecting it to fly just like every other one out there, but the plane flies with momentum, crisp snaps, a killer roll rate with very close to no coupling, and there was ZERO KE mixing. I just programmed rates, expos, dual rates, and on the second flight I added a bit more expo on the tail for the mid rates (where I usually fly straight lines with) and it was dialed in. Cant wait to get mine ready for SEFF!
TAS Foamies is offline Find More Posts by TAS Foamies
Old Feb 08, 2015, 01:51 PM
AKA tomascratchbuild
Joined May 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
It looks like the 3D Hobby Shop 71" Slick, even down to many of the components, with the exception of modifications to the lightening holes and some additional carbon fiber. This plane originated with Andrew Jesky and 3D Hobby Shop.

You might check them out too. The prices are about the same.

RCMC
They all come from the same factory. Another thing is, the dimensions have been changed quite a bit. May look similar, however it flies SUPER precise and is very locked in on rolling harriers and regular harriers if you manage the angle well enough. Truly, very impressed with this one.
Old Feb 08, 2015, 01:53 PM
AKA tomascratchbuild
Joined May 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
Anybody else here have one yet?! They debuted the airplane not too long ago (out at Arizona Electric Festival this year), already been hearing good things about it. Just ordered one up today, going to use a Hacker A60-6XS, Jeti Spin 99 OPTO ESC, Turnigy 6s 5000 30C packs, all spinning a Xoar 22x10 PJN. Going to use Hitec 7954SH servos as well on 2s Fromeco 2600 Relion packs, unregulated. All guided by the fantastic Hitec Aurora 9X transmitter and Optima 7 receiver.

Should be fun

http://aerobeez.com/70-24-SLICK-PRO-...CK-YELLOW.html

They're having a 20% sale right now for Valentines day right now too, perfect incentive to pick one up!

I'll be posting a relatively short-ish build log here, nothing fancy. Check out Aerobeez's thread down in the Vendors forum if you need a more in depth build guide:

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Check out the video they have posted as well, looks killer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erH4...4ijXotyKhZqBrA

Please note I don't have any association with Aerobeez, I'm just an enthusiastic end user that's stoked about his new airplane!
Let me know how you like the 22", I was looking at a 20"apc, was flying on a 20" Xoar and was substantial, however a little extra power wouldnt suck, the motor isnt even breaking a sweat.
Old Feb 08, 2015, 03:01 PM
Hitec RCD CSR
Joined Oct 2007
22,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAS Foamies View Post
Let me know how you like the 22", I was looking at a 20"apc, was flying on a 20" Xoar and was substantial, however a little extra power wouldnt suck, the motor isnt even breaking a sweat.
Good to know that info! I will post my figures with that propeller. You might even go up in pitch with a 20" as well to get a bit more thrust. If the motor isn't hardly working then load it up a bit more!
Old Feb 08, 2015, 05:57 PM
AKA tomascratchbuild
Joined May 2012
37 Posts
Its not like its not loaded, but its running very cool. I do alot of full throttle manuvers, and in the middle of my flight I bring it down low and do some slow stuff that requires throttle management, and even after a hard flight it remained relatively cool. I might try a 20"x 8 apc first, because the 19x10 apc was better than the 20x8 xoar. Ill try the same size in apc. Very excited!!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 08:07 PM
Hitec RCD CSR
Joined Oct 2007
22,042 Posts
Woohoo my new slick came in the mail today!!!

Here is just a couple of shots. I will start to post some more in depth stuff tomorrow when I get the workbench cleared off. First impressions:

-Covering is just totally awesome, this color scheme is freaking sweet in person.
-Fuselage is HUGE!! This airplane has serious side area.
-Rudder is TALL!! Should make rudder authority a non-issue!

Will post more impressions tomorrow as I get everything unpacked and removed to prepare for the build..