New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2014, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by BadBoyBubby
Norway, Sor-Trondelag, Trondheim
Joined Apr 2010
5 Posts
Discussion
RSSI, Vector, EzUHF and SPPM

I have a Vector connected to my EzUHF RX Lite by SPPM. Connection works fine for everything but the RSSI. In Immersion RC Tool I have configured my RX with RSSI on PPM8 and PPM Mux on servo output 1.
No mather how many times I run the RX wizard in the Vector Software I still get no RSSI.
The Immersion RC Tool shows just fine RSSI values (-2dBi).
Are the anyone who have managed to get this to work? If so, how did you do it?
Both TX and RX runs firmware 1.5 (6).
BadBoyBubby is offline Find More Posts by BadBoyBubby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2014, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by yosemitez
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
817 Posts
i have not been able to get it to work, exact same setup
been trying for hours
yosemitez is offline Find More Posts by yosemitez
Old Jul 04, 2014, 02:41 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
817 Posts
in serial ppm channel mapping i deselect motor kill which is on channel 8 and select rssi, apply, now reads rssi channel 8

run rx wizard,rssi is not detected, after wizard channel is not selected in vector config
Old Jul 05, 2014, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by BadBoyBubby
Norway, Sor-Trondelag, Trondheim
Joined Apr 2010
5 Posts
I ran the RX analyzis wizard again, but this time via the screen/radio and not the Vector software. Now it works
BadBoyBubby is offline Find More Posts by BadBoyBubby
Old Jul 05, 2014, 12:14 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
817 Posts
Wish i could say the same. just spent another 2 hours trying to get rssi to work.

using sppm
i have tried:
updating ezuhf to 1.50
updated vector to 1.33
tried rssi on channel 8 and 6
tried via screen menu

the vector is just not seeing the rssi as i choose it as channel 8 in channel mapping, apply, rx wizard, not seen, completed, now rssi is none in channel mapping

tiny osd saw the rssi right away
Old Jul 05, 2014, 12:59 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
817 Posts
The vector seems VERY finicky for detecting RSSI and Link from EZUHF. After finally trying for hours i got it to work twice and each time was by a different method!

updated all firmware on ezuhf and vector

see post #8 in this thread
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....le-Tree-Vector

as seen i assingned rssi to 11 link to 12 in ezuhf, same in vector, apply

run tx wizard, vector is now seeing 12 pulse trains. see screen shot, not sure if channel 11 and 12 should also be shown here. finish wizard and now have rssi but no link.

another post suggest running the tx wizard from the osd menu. run wizard and now no rssi! back in vector config, it is not seeing channel 11 and 12, hmmm. hook the ezuhf rx back up to ezuhf tools and read channels and now ezuhf does not have channel 11 and 12 mapped to rssi and link! remap channels in ezuhf upload, reboot, reread and it is showing 11 and 12 mapped.

rerun vector tx wizard, nothing on the rssi and link

rerun tx wizard in osd and a miracle! both link and rssi show up on the osd!!!

Really buggy on the RSSI and Link for EZUHF!!
Old Jul 06, 2014, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by billpa
Joined Nov 2003
4,944 Posts
Hey, wanted to post some troubleshooting steps for configuring and displaying RSSI/LQ via the PPM stream.

STEP 1
The first thing is to make sure you've installed our beta software 11.26 or later, found here.

STEP 2
The next step is to confirm you have correctly configured your Rx to output these readouts correctly, per your Rx instruction manual. You can test that this is correctly configured by looking at the channels corresponding to LQ and RSSI on the "RC Configuration" tab in the Vector software, in the "Serial PPM/S-BUS Channel Mapping" Section (see attached image below, thanks Yosemite).

For example, if you have mapped your Rx to have channel 11 to be RSSI, and channel 12 to be LQ, you should see high values for "ch 11" and "ch 12" (presumably 80% or higher) when your Tx is on and near your Rx. But, when you turn off your Tx, you should see these values get a lot lower. Note that in the figure below, channel 11 does not appear to be correctly mapped in the Rx, as it is reading 0%.

If you are not seeing this behavior, most likely something is wrong with how you have configured your Rx. That will need to be resolved before going further.

STEP 3
If the channel readouts are behaving correctly, then select the channels corresponding with RSSI and LQ in the dropdown menus, as shown in the attached image. This lets the Vector know which channels correspond to these readouts. So far, so good.

STEP 4
Next, the Vector needs to learn the minimum and maximum values for these readouts, so it can correctly display the "normalized" (100% = best, 0% = worst) RSSI and LQ percentages onscreen. The Vector learns this info when you turn off and on your Rx during the Rx Wizard, as described in the manual.

Once you have run the Rx wizard, you may want to go back and double-check that the LQ and RSSI % readouts are still correct, per step 2 above.

STEP 5
To add both the RSSI and LQ readouts to the OSD screen, click the "Advanced OSD Screen Setup" tab under "OSD Setup", expand the "Receiver and GPS Signal" branch in the tree view on the left side, and drag RSSI and LQ to the positions you want them on the OSD screen, as shown in the attached image.

Hope this helps!
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 06, 2014, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by goryc
Italy, Sicilia, Messina
Joined Apr 2011
322 Posts
I thought the RSSI of PPM does not work! I had performed the procedure several times suggested but my RSSI was always 100%. The tests I've done in the home by removing the TX EzUHF and even wrapping it in aluminum foil, but nothing! Always gave 100%. Then it dawned on me that I had a 30db attenuator SMA. I mounted between the TX and the UHF antenna and behold, the RSSI, finally, I saw him drop to send in the fail-safe Vector. The parameters of Serial PPM servo position (CH12 = RSSI) signal finally ranged from 0 = 100% to higher values ​​corresponding to a decrease of the RSSI signal.
Finally I can say Hurray!
goryc is offline Find More Posts by goryc
Old Jul 07, 2014, 02:23 AM
Find More Posts by Wackybandit
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2013
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
Wish i could say the same. just spent another 2 hours trying to get rssi to work.

using sppm
i have tried:
updating ezuhf to 1.50
updated vector to 1.33
tried rssi on channel 8 and 6
tried via screen menu

the vector is just not seeing the rssi as i choose it as channel 8 in channel mapping, apply, rx wizard, not seen, completed, now rssi is none in channel mapping

tiny osd saw the rssi right away
I had the same problem. I resolved it by using ImmersionRC Tools Software 1.40. If you use earlier version of the tools it does not work. Once i did that it works as expected in the PPM stream.
Wackybandit is online now Find More Posts by Wackybandit
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:29 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
817 Posts
As per the post above from ET support:

I upgraded the EZUHF rx and tx to 1.50. I updated the Vector to Fw 1.38 although it has a big WARNING about how it might be unstable.

In ezuhf tools i selected ppm muxed on the servo output and rssi on ppm slot 11 and link on ppm slot 12.

In vector config select rssi as channel 11 and link to channel 12, hit apply.

Now run vector rx wizard and if you have success you should see the rssi on receiver status as 100%. under serial ppm rssi should be channel 11, link quality ch 12. under serial ppm servo positions ch 11 will read 0% and ch 12 reads 80%. This is with rx and tx on.

here are screen shots of the vector config and osd with tx on and then off
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by G DOG
G DOG
Joined Oct 2012
594 Posts
EzUHF Vector Rssi Working.

Am just running Standard receiver type with only signal wire from EzUHF ch to rssi input.

In short the problem was the earlier version of ImmersionRC Tools not saving rssi to my selected channel. Once I updated to v1.40 and selected a ch for rssi then ran Run Rx Analysis Wizard rssi works!
G DOG is offline Find More Posts by G DOG
Old Aug 04, 2014, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by Lazer707
Joined Apr 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
I had the same problem. I resolved it by using ImmersionRC Tools Software 1.40. If you use earlier version of the tools it does not work. Once i did that it works as expected in the PPM stream.
Yes, Wackybandit, upgrading to ImmersionRC Tools Installer version 1.40 is what finally worked for me too. Odly, downloading the latest Firmware (1.50) comes with Tools v1.39 which is causing problems here. If you look at Tools v1.40 Full Release Notes it says,
"This beta release fixes issues with the RSSI and LINK output selection on the v1.39 release."
Lazer707 is offline Find More Posts by Lazer707
Old Sep 09, 2014, 02:35 AM
Find More Posts by macfly1202
Joined Aug 2014
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer707 View Post
Yes, Wackybandit, upgrading to ImmersionRC Tools Installer version 1.40 is what finally worked for me too. Odly, downloading the latest Firmware (1.50) comes with Tools v1.39 which is causing problems here. If you look at Tools v1.40 Full Release Notes it says,
"This beta release fixes issues with the RSSI and LINK output selection on the v1.39 release."
Thanks for this note ! You save me after many times trying ....
This comment is the more interesting for many people having this pb ezuhf/rssi and link /vector
>> it's not a problem with Vector but ImmersionRC !
macfly1202 is offline Find More Posts by macfly1202
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by fpvSB
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jan 2015
23 Posts
Same Issue

Noticed that my ImmersionRC Tools that came with the firmware was not the latest version. Updating the application fixed all my problems; RSSI on CH 11, Link Quality on CH 12.

This thread got me to look at my application version. Thanks.
fpvSB is offline Find More Posts by fpvSB