New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jun 14, 2015, 04:04 PM
B47Navi is offline
Find More Posts by B47Navi
Registered User
B47Navi's Avatar
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Sensei FS & Futaba 14SG

Hey all, I have a new Sensei FS and I'm trying to set it up with my Futaba 14SG Tx. I am using my R7008SB Rx. I have everything working well, Wise Gyro lights work correctly with corresponding switch, red, green, blue, etc. In advanced mode everything goes to neutral position/trim as it should. Here's the problem: As soon as I flip the switch for beginner or intermediate mode (it does the same thing on both modes) I immediately get a left up aileron, a down right aileron and the elevators go down a little. The gyro does not return the controls to neutral. When I flip the switch back to advanced mode the controls immediately go to center neutral. Any suggestions? Any of you have a Futaba Tx and this plane that could help? Thanks!
B47Navi is offline Find More Posts by B47Navi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
Dwrizzol is online now
Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
It's a dry heat...
Dwrizzol's Avatar
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Oct 2014
153 Posts
I had the exact same problem with mine. I was using a Spektrum radio setup. I ended up returning it.

Tower Hobbies said they thought it could be the radio setup (even though everything else worked correctly) they said they could only help with Futaba and Tactic radio setup. You might try calling them. I would be very interested if they can cure it with radio setup alone. Please let us know what they say. On mine I suspected the gyro was messed up.
Dwrizzol is online now Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2015, 06:24 PM
B47Navi is offline
Find More Posts by B47Navi
Registered User
B47Navi's Avatar
Joined Dec 2014
9 Posts
Thanks Dwrizzol. I'll let you know.
B47Navi is offline Find More Posts by B47Navi
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2015, 06:46 AM
3rd Try is offline
Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Registered User
United States, NY, Champlain
Joined Jul 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47Navi View Post
Hey all, I have a new Sensei FS and I'm trying to set it up with my Futaba 14SG Tx. I am using my R7008SB Rx. I have everything working well, Wise Gyro lights work correctly with corresponding switch, red, green, blue, etc. In advanced mode everything goes to neutral position/trim as it should. Here's the problem: As soon as I flip the switch for beginner or intermediate mode (it does the same thing on both modes) I immediately get a left up aileron, a down right aileron and the elevators go down a little. The gyro does not return the controls to neutral. When I flip the switch back to advanced mode the controls immediately go to center neutral. Any suggestions? Any of you have a Futaba Tx and this plane that could help? Thanks!
Have you tried inverting the gyro, it could be sensing inverted flight. The suggestion is just a thought, not based on any actual experience.

Regards

Dennis
3rd Try is offline Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 05:14 AM
kenmtb is offline
Find More Posts by kenmtb
Registered User
Joined Mar 2014
117 Posts
anyone know how to fix the nose wheel that flops to one side? When the steering servo is centered and I turn the nose wheel by hand to the left, it looks like the cable flexes along with the plastic tube instead of holding the wheel firm. There is nothing holding to tube still so the cable kind of bends. Everything is deep inside the fuse with no way to access anything. Im not sure what to do
kenmtb is offline Find More Posts by kenmtb
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 06:27 AM
3rd Try is offline
Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Registered User
United States, NY, Champlain
Joined Jul 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmtb View Post
anyone know how to fix the nose wheel that flops to one side? When the steering servo is centered and I turn the nose wheel by hand to the left, it looks like the cable flexes along with the plastic tube instead of holding the wheel firm. There is nothing holding to tube still so the cable kind of bends. Everything is deep inside the fuse with no way to access anything. Im not sure what to do
There is a channel that the servo pushrod guide sits in. It was held in place with a dab of hot glue. I took a 1/4x1/4x 1 piece of basswood and used it to stabilize the plastic pushrod guide. That caused more pressure on the rudder servo and required that I install a mg servo. The best long term solution is to practice landing on your mains with the nose up.

Regards

Dennis
3rd Try is offline Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 08:49 PM
Bud42 is offline
Find More Posts by Bud42
Registered User
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Mar 2015
19 Posts
Ken

You might want to check your steering arm too. Mine failed at the set screw making the nose gear sloppy (tho I think it moved easy to the right). Replaced it with a DuBro steering arm that I shortened and drilled a hole the same distance from the nose gear as the original. Also, added a half-inch long 4-40 cap screw which made it easier to tighten from the bottom hole in the nose once the cowl was removed. After one of my usual one point landings, I had to replace the rudder servo with a metal gear one. Now only the nose gear deforms on my less than graceful landings.
Bud42 is offline Find More Posts by Bud42
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:20 PM
yorkiepap is offline
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Registered User
yorkiepap's Avatar
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
722 Posts
Hey guys,
I wanted to post here on this thread a giant "THANK YOU!" to xephyr for selling me his bomb bay door assembly from his broken fuselage.

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2015, 01:17 PM
Dwrizzol is online now
Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
It's a dry heat...
Dwrizzol's Avatar
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Oct 2014
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47Navi View Post
Thanks Dwrizzol. I'll let you know.
Did you get your Sensei sorted out?

It is interesting that the plane now has a different stock number on the Tower Hobbies site. Maybe there was an issue with the first batch?
Dwrizzol is online now Find More Posts by Dwrizzol
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2015, 08:54 PM
xephyr is offline
Find More Posts by xephyr
Registered User
Joined Mar 2015
73 Posts
You're welcome Denny!! Finally got my Sensei back into the air last night and had some pretty good flights! Think I'll open up that cowl area a bit more for air flow and also a better exit, that stock motor gets pretty hot, even using the Trojan prop. Is there any sort of consensus here about a good upgrade motor? (just in case...)
xephyr is offline Find More Posts by xephyr
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2015, 07:50 AM
yorkiepap is offline
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Registered User
yorkiepap's Avatar
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
722 Posts
Hey xephyr,
Here's the pics of the Sensei dropbay assembly installed on my ArtTech Pilatus Porter PC-6. It works great. Pic 1 is the original flip-open springloaded dropbay hatch & the rest are the install of the Sensei dropbay.

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2015, 07:35 PM
thatdangengineer is offline
Find More Posts by thatdangengineer
Registered User
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
I read through about 40 pages and used the search function on the forum to try to see if anyone has the same problem as I but I have an issue where my motor stops randomly after 15-45 seconds of start up, regardless of throttle position? Also, about 50% of the time the motor brake is active after arming the system and following the instructions. I have tried rebinding and the motor unlock procured separately and with a DX8 to no avail... Could my ESC be toast?
thatdangengineer is offline Find More Posts by thatdangengineer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2015, 06:26 AM
3rd Try is offline
Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Registered User
United States, NY, Champlain
Joined Jul 2012
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdangengineer View Post
I read through about 40 pages and used the search function on the forum to try to see if anyone has the same problem as I but I have an issue where my motor stops randomly after 15-45 seconds of start up, regardless of throttle position? Also, about 50% of the time the motor brake is active after arming the system and following the instructions. I have tried rebinding and the motor unlock procured separately and with a DX8 to no avail... Could my ESC be toast?
Could be, is esc or motor getting hot? Do you still have servo control when the motor stops? Do you have a watt meter to perform tests on the system?

Regards

Dennis
3rd Try is offline Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert Flyzone Sensei wmcneal Foamies (Kits) 7 Sep 30, 2013 04:00 PM