Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2008, 11:05 PM
Sydney
Joined Jul 2007
18 Posts
Discussion
FFF's brother?

Ok after searching high and low in Australia for FFF or its equivalent (i can get depron from online but adds up $$$) i have finally found these people http://www.dctech.com.au/brands/styrofoam.php, from what i cant tell its the same stuff. Im going to give them a call or go to there place cause its 2 minutes away (after all that looking) and check it out. Iv looked and cant find the thread with all the specs for FFF so if someone could link me please, just so i can compare the two.

Metal
metal is offline Find More Posts by metal
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2008, 11:14 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Hi Metal,

You're close to the money - the manufacturer is DOW however you're after something roughly 6mm thick... by all means drop in and see if they have a 6mm DOW foam there (and let us at the regional forum know - http://www.rcgroups.com/australia-307/ ). I've seen a fair bit of DOW styrofoam on building sites (I'm in the building industry) but haven't had anything skinner than roughly 50mm.

Never-the-less, make yourself a hot wire setup and you're set.

Graham
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Mar 06, 2008, 05:47 AM
Sydney
Joined Jul 2007
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply, im hoping they have a smaller size but if it means i need to make a hot wire table to get the size i want then so be it.

Metal
Old Mar 06, 2008, 06:10 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Looks like they also have the floor underlayment... May be worthwhile, depending on how stiff it is.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Mar 06, 2008, 03:10 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
I'd meant to hotwire a foam wing - you'd get a better finish with depron for FFF foamies.

Anyhow - if you get the bluecor stuff for under carpets, great! Let us know.

G
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Mar 06, 2008, 10:23 PM
Sydney
Joined Jul 2007
18 Posts
ok i gave them a ring and they do have thick blue foam but nothing smaller, after i gave them a ring i went through the link you posted and found this link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=62 and found out what i rang about.