HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:11 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
Discussion
Help 1st setting up Phoenix with Cockpit SX

Got my Phoenix today but will not be getting my radio and adapter till tomorrow.

What needs to be done to the radio, a Multiplex Cockpit SX, to make it all work. After it is plugged in do I need to do anything like select and setup a new model or anything else or is it all just plug and play.

Thanks
clive_fox is offline Find More Posts by clive_fox
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:09 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
Phoenix has presets for common Spektrum, Futaba, JR, Hitec radios but no Multiplex AFAIK, so you'll probably have to set up a new "profile" for your TX. . This basically involves selecting which channels/switches perform which functions. You also calibrate Phoenix to set the range of each channel. Pretty straightforward.

NB you need to set you radio to acro/plane mode, or disable any swash mixing CCPM so that all output channels are independent. All the mixing is done by Phoenix.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:31 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
Interestingly Phoenix says to set up as a Heli. But when I get it working will try both

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:26 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
. Crosspost Answered (Thread has 2 pages.)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:32 PM
KK Tri Flyer
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Feb 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Interestingly Phoenix says to set up as a Heli. But when I get it working will try both
You can use heli or plane/acro mode. I use my DX6i in heli mode with Phoenix, which lets me use the heli type functions of the TX such as idle-up and throttle hold.

However, you can also Set phoenix up to handle these functions itself, and use your TX in acro/plane mode.
mattcro is offline Find More Posts by mattcro
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:14 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jul 2002
121 Posts
Thanks got it working with a friend's DX6i but not my Multiplex - subject of another thread.