HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:27 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Gaurantee you, SHE has parents that got HER trained right!!!
Ya, I'd wouldn't mind having her around me at the range. Some of the adults I've seen on the other hand................
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:34 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
I gotta agree with this. I find that statistic hard to believe.

I don't go around advertising the fact that I have firearms. I guess if you hang around with lowlifes and don't monitor who you allow in your home the chance may go up but most everyone I know stays very low key about ownership except amongst ourselves.
Lol, I agree with this, and again it has to do with common sense. As you always hear, YOU CANT FIX STUPID, no matter how "educated" you are!!!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Ya, I'd wouldn't mind having her around me at the range. Some of the adults I've seen on the other hand................
I feel safer when my 14yo boy is handling firearms than when some adults are....

With him, muzzle sweeps are non-existent, trigger discipline is flawless, and he KNOWS whether a round is chambered or not, and has SHOWN me already.

Some adults don't come even remotely close.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:55 AM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Muzzle sweeps... yeah, I know one guy, I bring along from time to time, talks with his hands to much... hence he points Some folks just don't get the concept.... but he does keep his finger off the trigger.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:18 AM
"Marcy" VF-A
Marysville, WA
Joined Jul 2004
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post
Here is the bottom line. The vast majority of people killed by a firearm are killed by someone they know - over half of them are killed by one of their family members. About a quarter of all people killed by a firearm are killed by their own firearm. Owning a firearm increases your risk of burglary by a factor of 10.

Guns are cool and all and I fully support the Second Amendment and I have my CCL. But you have to realize that on the whole you are more likely to be killed by a firearm if you posses them.
This isn't true at all. I really don't understand how anyone could believe such rubbish. The majority of times a gun is used in self defense it goes unreported. By used, I mean drawn but not fired. It's just typical anti-gun lies. No offense, but I find it very hard to believe that a person who carries a firearm for protection would quote a statistic known to be false like this one.
wekenav8r is offline Find More Posts by wekenav8r
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wekenav8r View Post
This isn't true at all. I really don't understand how anyone could believe such rubbish. The majority of times a gun is used in self defense it goes unreported. By used, I mean drawn but not fired. It's just typical anti-gun lies. No offense, but I find it very hard to believe that a person who carries a firearm for protection would quote a statistic known to be false like this one.
I posted this in another thread and not 1 person acknowledged it.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less...4828124&sr=1-1

John R. Lott’s More Guns, Less Crime

despite all the attacks by gun-control advocates, no one has ever been able to refute Lott’s simple, startling conclusion that more guns mean less crime. Relying on the most rigorously comprehensive data analysis ever conducted on crime statistics and right-to-carry laws, the book directly challenges common perceptions about the relationship of guns, crime, and violence. For this third edition, Lott draws on an additional ten years of data—including provocative analysis of the effects of gun bans in Chicago and Washington, D.C—that brings the book fully up to date and further bolsters its central contention.
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:49 PM
Expo/DualRates = Lack of Skill
San Diego, CA
Joined Mar 2009
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wekenav8r View Post
No offense, but I find it very hard to believe that a person who carries a firearm for protection would quote a statistic known to be false like this one.
Maybe you didn't notice this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post
I haven't owned a gun in almost 10 years...
typeRA is online now Find More Posts by typeRA
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:46 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,797 Posts
I'm, about ready to offer Camo Dipping at my Sign Co. I'll be the only one for about five hundred mile circle doing it.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
I posted this in another thread and not 1 person acknowledged it.

http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less...4828124&sr=1-1

John R. Lott’s More Guns, Less Crime

despite all the attacks by gun-control advocates, no one has ever been able to refute Lott’s simple, startling conclusion that more guns mean less crime. Relying on the most rigorously comprehensive data analysis ever conducted on crime statistics and right-to-carry laws, the book directly challenges common perceptions about the relationship of guns, crime, and violence. For this third edition, Lott draws on an additional ten years of data—including provocative analysis of the effects of gun bans in Chicago and Washington, D.C—that brings the book fully up to date and further bolsters its central contention.
Perhaps the simple 2 documents said all that we ever needed
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:51 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
Pow Bam Slam Ouch!!!!!!

Morgan is a boob, to the fullest extent.

I cant stand the man... i watch his show from time to time, he is a conniving egomaniac. He's no Larry King thats for sure.
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:32 PM
"Marcy" VF-A
Marysville, WA
Joined Jul 2004
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeRA View Post
Maybe you didn't notice this:
Yes, actually I can read quite well. So?
wekenav8r is offline Find More Posts by wekenav8r