HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:07 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Discussion
Rare Bear pocket rocket

JPower Rare Bear anyone else got one ? this is the best fun for buck i'v had in years 100mph+ out of the box on 4s mine puts out 501 watts with APC 5.25 x 6.25 I will put my Voltron Gps in it next time i run it

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3s_4s_ESC.html

4s setup

Ray's Rare Bear on 4 cell!!! (2 min 44 sec)


and some crazy dude running his on 6s woooot

J Power Mini Rare Bear on 6S (0 min 54 sec)
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Oct 02, 2011 at 03:39 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:14 PM
Racing Enthusiast AMA 3557
JetMech2002's Avatar
United States, MO, Sedalia
Joined Sep 2011
675 Posts
Wow! Thats crazy!
JetMech2002 is offline Find More Posts by JetMech2002
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:52 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
Mikemynameis's Avatar
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,786 Posts
Theres a thread right here on that and other planes
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371681
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
hobby king WARNING!!!!!!!!! these "funfighters" are JIT items that r in reality on BACKORDER.

they state transit time from "back warehouse" takes 3-5 days. LIES!!! i waited almost a month and tolerated multiple, daily, customer service lies that it "will ship today." i cancelled after almost a month of lies and it was difficult to do so.

these pull 26amps on a cheap 20amp esc....better to buy the arf kit (with motor) from BANANA HOBBY
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:19 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor1 View Post
hobby king WARNING!!!!!!!!! these "funfighters" are JIT items that r in reality on BACKORDER.

they state transit time from "back warehouse" takes 3-5 days. LIES!!! i waited almost a month and tolerated multiple, daily, customer service lies that it "will ship today." i cancelled after almost a month of lies and it was difficult to do so.

these pull 26amps on a cheap 20amp esc....better to buy the arf kit (with motor) from BANANA HOBBY
Banana hobby is a joke i would deal with HK any time i waited 2 1/2 months for them to restock tese little planes you deal with who you want LOL
the stock 20 amp 4s esc works fine my 4s setup pulls 30 amps with 5.25 x6.25 apc prop i have put 12 flights on it now still going strong
Cheers
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Oct 07, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:50 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Banana really doesn't have a very good reputation...to say the least.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
Banana really doesn't have a very good reputation...to say the least.
banana hobby customer service is going up ( 3 quick orders, ZERO problems). hobby king is going down hill with their customer service
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 02:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
Banana hobby is a joke i would deal with HK any time i waited 2 1/2 months for them to restock tese little planes you deal with who you want LOL
the stock 20 amp 4s esc works fine my 4s setup pulls 30 amps with 5.25 x6.25 apc prop i have put 12 flights on it now still going strong
Cheers
stock esc is a crap shoot....just read this forum. hk is beyond a joke....it is very very sad. banana hobby actually will reply to emails and they have a WORKING PHONE
.
sfactor1 is offline Find More Posts by sfactor1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:37 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor1 View Post
stock esc is a crap shoot....just read this forum. hk is beyond a joke....it is very very sad. banana hobby actually will reply to emails and they have a WORKING PHONE
.
Can't be that bad if it can handle 30 amp constant go cry elsewere LOL
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:12 PM
Sure it'll work
Flyextreme's Avatar
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
Can't be that bad if it can handle 30 amp constant go cry elsewere LOL
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:24 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
This sounds more like a fight between Banana Hobby and Hobby King than talk about the rare bear. I mean c'mon guys. save it for some other post. not this one. thanks
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
this sounds more like a fight between banana hobby and hobby king than talk about the rare bear. I mean c'mon guys. Save it for some other post. Not this one. Thanks
lol
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
yep Just come back from the field had 4 flights with stock prop draws 31.9 amps nearly 500 watts just love this little rocket
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfactor1 View Post
banana hobby customer service is going up ( 3 quick orders, ZERO problems). hobby king is going down hill with their customer service
I never had a problem with HK 72 orders in total never had to contact them so i wouldn't know about their customer service
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2011, 09:21 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
hey do you think i could put a HET 2w in one, and keep it from coming apart in mid air?
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale rare bear ep for trade dr rc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Oct 02, 2011 02:20 PM
Found Need Tail Retract for TT Rare Bear Cougar429 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 19, 2011 07:55 AM
Sold Thunder Tiger Rare Bear EP with 370 motor spitfire1999 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Sep 14, 2011 10:38 AM
Sold Jpowers Rare Bear PNP + battery forevercat Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Sep 06, 2011 10:16 PM
Sold BlitzRCWorks Mini Pocket Rocket Rarebear Mikemynameis Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Mar 25, 2011 05:27 PM