Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
Boom! i found it,

It was in the discontinued motors section, and is in stock.

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo...5/HK-4025-550/

good luck!
Awesome find! Thanks jay. I ordered one.

Patrick
CW4 is offline Find More Posts by CW4
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
boom, you wont be disappointed.

im using it on my blackhawk, 12cell 6000 - turnigy 120a esc, 13t pinion, castle bec all wired up together, running a 4 blade head/tail, 1250rpm headspeed, and im only just cracking 25deg on the esc, and 30deg on the motor, and my flight time just from hover testing the battery was 14 minutes.

my apache is 500kv, 14t(6mm)pinion and same esc, align bec, and she gets a bit hotter and i had to drop her down to 10 cell to reduce the amount of grunt.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
I got my fuse today!!! looks pretty cool. Does the apache come stock with hellfire missles? cause mine did. I am missing a few pieces, email them today, waiting for a response.

it came painted already, but I most likely will be painting her black. might do some kind of airbrush sceem. ordering the real rivets today.

I brought her up again today, and i am having trouble with something. does anyone use the sku720? my heli is lagging to response. i will pull back and it take a sec to respond, so i will pull back more and then it darts back. its unpredictable at the moment. its scary to fly!

one more thing. does anyone have a pdf of the manual for this fuse. it did not come with one and the website does not have one for it either.

thanks
Buddy
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
it came painted already, but I most likely will be painting her black.
I'd be careful with black unless you add some distinguishing details to the sides. Just thinking of this from a "loss of orientation" standpoint.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:12 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Buddy,

Here the manual

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
I'd be careful with black unless you add some distinguishing details to the sides. Just thinking of this from a "loss of orientation" standpoint.
I had that in mind as well, I will be adding bright led to help, I'm probably going to have a buddy of mine airbrush something distinguishing on the sides. we have to get together and brainstorm. it will be a while before I get that far anyway, I have time. lol..........

I lowered the headspeed and she is way better, but not yet perfect. going to add torque raise and new frames with new motor and esc and then start from scratch.

Thanks A million Jan. Much better with a manual. haha.

You guys are awesome! It's funny how people can still help each other, have fun and enjoy such a great hobby from countries away. cheers to all!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
true story, my hughes 500E 600 size becomes a silhouette against a treeline it can get a little hairy at times. The apache olive drab and blackhawk nato black are also both difficult to keep an eye on against treelines.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
You guys are awesome! It's funny how people can still help each other, have fun and enjoy such a great hobby from countries away. cheers to all![/QUOTE]

yes! this forum is great and theres no damn politics or people trying to push their opinions, it all just common banter and people genuinely keen to help other people get their pride and joys up in the air as safely and effectively as possible. feeling it.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:58 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
Here's the X-tail made with stock Trex 450 and 600 parts. This isn't my Apache, but I will likely try and do the same on mine. It works well.

I will try to answer questions about the tail assembly if I can.

-Patrick
Hi Patrick,

I did not react on your post but I want to thank you, and I will try to make this because the photo's are a great help

Jan,
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
I did not react on your post but I want to thank you, and I will try to make this because the photo's are a great help
No problem Jan.

I am going to try it too. I will be using the torque tube tail drive, which means I will need to somehow secure the crown gear to the tail output shaft (which is made from the 450 main shaft). The stock tail output shafts come with a pulley or crown gear already secured to the shaft, depending on whether you have a belt driven or torque tube driven tail. Any ideas?

Patrick
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
619 Posts
Quote:
No problem Jan.

I am going to try it too. I will be using the torque tube tail drive, which means I will need to somehow secure the crown gear to the tail output shaft (which is made from the 450 main shaft). The stock tail output shafts come with a pulley or crown gear already secured to the shaft, depending on whether you have a belt driven or torque tube driven tail. Any ideas?

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Well I have also the torque tube tail and exactly the same problem to fix the crown gear on the 450 size main shaft I was thinking of glue it or to drill a Jesus bolt to fix the gear.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:37 AM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Well I have also the torque tube tail and exactly the same problem to fix the crown gear on the 450 size main shaft I was thinking of glue it or to drill a Jesus bolt to fix the gear.
Those were the only 2 ideas I could come up with too. I would rather go with the Jesus bolt option as I don't think I would ever fully trust glue/epoxy/whatever to hold that crown gear on. It would have to be a very small, strong bolt though. I guess a pin would be another way to go, but then you always have to worry about the pin coming out. I don't know...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Patrick,

Jan,
I made one with the torque tube. came out nice. just a backup for now as I am using that xblade for now. will give yah pics when I get a chance. I used glue and the 450 collar to hold it in it's place. A jesus bolt is a good idea as well. you can use the pins that you use to hold the torque tips after cutting the torque tubes.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:42 PM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Excellent, budder. Looking forward to the pics.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Frame question for Jan (or anyone else)

So Jan posted a photo of his frames that came with his Apache. Mine appear to be different. I will need to dremel out an opening for my Scorpion HK-4025 550 motor.

Jan -- did your frames come with that giant opening for the motor, or did you have to cut it out yourself? It looks like your frames shipped that way. Thanks.