HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:00 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Eyedoc View Post
just PM Feda, the owner of BVRC and wattaplane.com, he's a nice guy, will be happy to help you out.
Got the tracking mail today!
vinay2070 is offline Find More Posts by vinay2070
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
has anyone tested a 4s setup on this airframe?

cheers
Pete
3D Peter is offline Find More Posts by 3D Peter
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
I just broke the motor X-mount on a KE spin for the 3rd time. I don't do them at WOT, but I am running an APC 14 x 7 which I prevere over the 13 x 6.5, thats probably why....
I am looking for a stronger X mout then the standard Aloy / CF ones. Does anyone know a solution?
SnapRoller is offline Find More Posts by SnapRoller
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:34 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
Received my MXS today from BestValueRC. Had to pick it up from Postoffice myself. The box was not opened by customs. However It is 10 to 15% crushed. , I had ordered extra box for 2$ and paid almost 10$ extra in shipping. I dont understand why it was not added and was shipped stock. I think I did not see any Fragile label on the box as well (Maybe its there and I missed to see it.)

The box is still in car, and Iam in office. Will go home and see how things are inside and post some pics.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
my deepest condolences

...so you ordered extra packaging but it did not help to keep the damage awy from the plane?

but I have some good news for you, I recently tested the motor you ordered in my sbach, it works fine, so donīt worry about the power, it has more than enough

cheers
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2070 View Post
Received my MXS today from BestValueRC. Had to pick it up from Postoffice myself. The box was not opened by customs. However It is 10 to 15% crushed. , I had ordered extra box for 2$ and paid almost 10$ extra in shipping. I dont understand why it was not added and was shipped stock. I think I did not see any Fragile label on the box as well (Maybe its there and I missed to see it.)

The box is still in car, and Iam in office. Will go home and see how things are inside and post some pics.
3D Peter is offline Find More Posts by 3D Peter
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:27 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
Pete, the extra box was not included in the package even though I booked it.

This is my 60th import to India and till now even though few boxes were damaged a little, the contents were good due to good packaging of the inside contents. lets see how it goes. I am still hoping fr the best

Nice to know that the motor is good. That much power is moooore than enough for a beginner like me. As you suggested I even ordered APC props and they are at bro's place in US, bro needs to post them to India now. And he is toooo busy to do it
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
OK, came home and opened up the box and everything is in good shape , except the nose cowling. It's a little warped due to pressure at that end. Nothing big deal, BUT it should not have happened!

Hope this build goes well.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
Auckland
Joined Mar 2010
285 Posts
Thanks Max (bestvalue rc) for helping out with a replacement fuse. I was waiting for some bits and pieces and finally got the MXS up today. Looks fantastic on the ground (well done Skywing), the blue version has great visibility and orientation, KE superb, hovers superb, another very happy customer. This could well become my grab now plane. Happy flying.
PS Groove -- I used the exact setup you folk tested on the Hengli 850kv and all amps watts etc were exactly like yours. This setup is great if the scorpion route is too expensive.
unhinged is offline Find More Posts by unhinged
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:37 AM
Hardcore EP 3D Flyer
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2012
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay2070 View Post
OK, came home and opened up the box and everything is in good shape , except the nose cowling. It's a little warped due to pressure at that end. Nothing big deal, BUT it should not have happened!

Hope this build goes well.
I am glad there was no major damage. enjoy your build!
VR Eyedoc is online now Find More Posts by VR Eyedoc
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:26 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
Well, bolted on my new SK3 motor from HK. First impressions is that it is a heavy motor, but well finished.

Maidened it just now. Couple of things: firstly, it is VERY quiet. That can be a good thing I guess, but for me, the original blue motor (kit motor) is agressive sounding in high energy full throttle moves, and I actually enjoyed that.

Secondly, I'm not sure it is any improvement in vertical performance compared to the kit motor. And it makes the plane nose heavy, needed the battery against the wing spar now.

Not sure if I"d get one again, but it got my MXS flying again, and it files fine with it, just miss the noise and not much CG adjustment left now.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,121 Posts
What happened to your original blue motor? Which SK3 motor did you get?
krexken is online now Find More Posts by krexken
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:25 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
I reckon I may have got away with a lighter motor, but it is a nice bit of kit: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18163

Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3542-1000kv

It is 140G, but it runs smooth, and I reckon will be efficient.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
What prop and are you using with the SK3? I assume you would be using 3S
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
Yes - 3s and a 13x6.5

I have some 4s, 3000 kicking around. I reckon I might be a crazy and try it. What do you think?
I have a Thunderbird 54A speedie in there with a 10A castle BEC... should be good

I'd prop down to 12", but I reckon the 3000's are heavy and to be honest, 4s power on the surfaces is concerning

Oh, my blue motor hit the deck. I bent the shaft, and I just hate changing them, tried, and it just doesn't seem to work for me. I don't have a press or anything,
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Sep 2009
581 Posts
I havent built my MXS yet, but from what unerstanding I have, 4S 3000 would be really heavy. I have couple of 1800 and 2200 4S. Might try them on the 12X6 prop some day after I learn well on the 3S first