HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Hi Toltecs,
I am really happy you are back in the air again and have taught yourself some heli mechanics in the process

Sound like you have a very budding heli pilot on your hands, I wonder what he would be like with one of the small fixed pitch helis
Getting past this repair is pretty liberating and I think if I learn to replace blades (is that very hard? ) I will feel that we're bulletproof.

I am thinking that it's good to have a working bird while doing repairs, thus am wondering if the S026 also enjoys the ease of repairs that our dear S022 enjoys.

If so, that might be our next investment.

We've got a brand new Helizone Thunderbird that just broke a part and presently I can't find anything but replacement blades on the web! Ease of parts acquisition should have been a bigger factor in my criteria.

T21
Toltec21 is offline Find More Posts by Toltec21
Last edited by Toltec21; Jan 15, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:27 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
Seems that I may need a new motor myself. I got a reply from top toy this morning also. They asked me to try powering up the heli w/o the tx turned on. That has always been a big no no for any RC product, but what the heck...I'll put on a hockey mask and give it a try. I may find myself running away arms flailing about and ducking
WoodyBoater is offline Find More Posts by WoodyBoater
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:44 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyBoater View Post
Seems that I may need a new motor myself. I got a reply from top toy this morning also. They asked me to try powering up the heli w/o the tx turned on. That has always been a big no no for any RC product, but what the heck...I'll put on a hockey mask and give it a try. I may find myself running away arms flailing about and ducking
It is called controlled panic
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:48 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Getting past this repair is pretty liberating and I think if I learn to replace blades (is that very hard? ) I will feel that we're bulletproof.
Replacing blades is easy compared to taking the fuselage apart

I am thinking that it's good to have a working bird while doing repairs, thus am wondering if the S026 also enjoys the ease of repairs that our dear S022 enjoys.
It is very good to have many birds working, if you are careful the S026G will not need any repairs

If so, that might be our next investment.
I like investments better, at least one each

We've got a brand new Helizone Thunderbird that just broke a part and presently I can't find anything but replacement blades on the web! Ease of parts acquisition should have been a bigger factor in my criteria.
When buying any heli, spare parts should always be sourced before your purchase, unless you never crash of course
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:42 AM
Helper
Joined Jul 2011
58 Posts
has anybody added a gyro to the syma s022 or does anybody have a circuit diagram please.
drifter1949 is offline Find More Posts by drifter1949
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter1949 View Post
has anybody added a gyro to the syma s022 or does anybody have a circuit diagram please.
Don't know, but once the long anticipated S022g is released you won't need to bother

http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1867.html

wonder what's taking them so long...
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Jan 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Don't know, but once the long anticipated S022g is released you won't need to bother

http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1867.html

wonder what's taking them so long...
I wonder what the diff is with the G model.. The pic shows the same 3 channel.. no servos .. The thing needed no gyro anyway cause it cannot aileron bank anyhow.. mayby it is a pitch gyro something
Skoaler is offline Find More Posts by Skoaler
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,510 Posts
In 3ch heli the Gyro stops the heli from drifting left/right and stops it needing constant trimming through the flight, nothin to do with pitch or roll.

Just like the S026 it flies fine when your keeping it moving, slow it down and try to land exactly where you want with prescise little movements forget it!

The S026G moves and stops moving when you tell it to, you don't have to give it oposite lock when bringin it out of a turn, if I can get a gyro PCB for my existing S022 I'll be fitting it.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:25 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post

if I can get a gyro PCB for my existing S022 I'll be fitting it.

Likewise
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:09 PM
Proud To Have Served 1983-1987
United States, PA, York
Joined Dec 2005
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post

I'm still having the sporadic uncontrolled full throttle thing.

I'm hooked ... this is my new hobby!!

ST

Hmmmm.. I got a brand new one from Amazon, and same issue......
beware, do not grab heli from topside when spooled up !!!!
They might be small, but they still hurt !!
Ordered new pcb....... And a whole spare heli.......
SEMPERFI8387 is offline Find More Posts by SEMPERFI8387
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMPERFI8387 View Post
....They might be small, but they still hurt !!
Ordered new pcb....... And a whole spare heli.......
The S026 is small, the S022? not so small, I'm almost certain a S022 could brake fingers.

Anyways glad to see another S022 pilot, sorry yours had an issue. With you new PCB we should be able to tell if it's the PCB or the Transmitter, maybe even compare PCB next to each other to see if the twitchy one has a solder fault.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2011
88 Posts
I have never been able to fly my SO22 for the same reason. I am going to take it outside on a nice day and just take a chance. If it takes off on it's on and crashes onto a roof or a tree, I'll just write it off. Maybe I'll buy an SO22G when they come out. I do fly my little Solo Pros a few minutes every day.
WoodyBoater is offline Find More Posts by WoodyBoater
Last edited by WoodyBoater; Feb 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:40 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,510 Posts
I've been trying to teach myself how to fly single rota with the 9958, ain't been too easy so far, my S022 has emerged from storage (ive unfortunately been neglecting time spent with my heli and on my beta testing for David sue to new job, family etc) and I have a spare servo plug so hopefully by (or soon after) I'll cut a track on the PCB and solder it on so I can try the DSM2ir Rx
and see how he does on DSM2, Qin sure I've been told the S022 protocol is work in progress but I still want to get it up and try it, oh an my stock Tx is still in bits somewhere in storage so it's DSM2 or bust!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:37 AM
Proud To Have Served 1983-1987
United States, PA, York
Joined Dec 2005
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
The S026 is small, the S022? not so small, I'm almost certain a S022 could brake fingers.

Anyways glad to see another S022 pilot, sorry yours had an issue. With you new PCB we should be able to tell if it's the PCB or the Transmitter, maybe even compare PCB next to each other to see if the twitchy one has a solder fault.
I do believe it would break a childs fingers easily, I thought it broke my pinky or at least sliced it open, but luckily, the blades had enough give. Any larger or sharper and I'm sure it would have inflicted more injury. My finger is still sore this morning 12 hours later !!!
SEMPERFI8387 is offline Find More Posts by SEMPERFI8387
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,510 Posts
On the rare occasion where I flew it indoors I always made sure my lil girl was sat behind me in the corner of the sofa so that it could never reach her, that and the fact that she likes to jump and pluck my S107 (and others of that size) out of the air, the thought of her trying it on the S022 is a little too scary!