SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2015, 02:16 PM
Joined Apr 2009
110 Posts
Question
A delta?

Have been flying for some years now, mostly gliders, but thinking about getting myself a delta wing pusher prop model aswell...
Now there are quit a few of them out there, but which one to choose...

I do like the shape of the original funjet, the radjet 800 (not the ultra!!) looks nice aswell, apart from the verticals that is... than there is the skyfun, also a nice looking plane...
So the question is, which of these 3 has the most benign flight behaviour?

Also came across a new bird from Graupner, the WP Flash 750, but there is not much info to be found on that one yet, so does anybody know how it compares to the other?

Note: i'm NOT looking for a 700mph plane, stock is probably fast enough for me...

gr,
Sjaak
Black Cloud is offline Find More Posts by Black Cloud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2015, 03:17 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
Have been flying for some years now, mostly gliders, but thinking about getting myself a delta wing pusher prop model aswell...
Now there are quit a few of them out there, but which one to choose...

I do like the shape of the original funjet, the radjet 800 (not the ultra!!) looks nice aswell, apart from the verticals that is... than there is the skyfun, also a nice looking plane...
So the question is, which of these 3 has the most benign flight behaviour?

Also came across a new bird from Graupner, the WP Flash 750, but there is not much info to be found on that one yet, so does anybody know how it compares to the other?

Note: i'm NOT looking for a 700mph plane, stock is probably fast enough for me...

gr,
Sjaak
The one with the lightest wing loading will be the one with the most benign behavior - of the planes you mentioned , probably the SkyFun .

I have flown a FunJet - it's fast and gets hard to see quickly . I've also flown a SkyFun ( and still do ) , it has very nice flight characteristics . With the stock motor and the LIGHTEST battery ( that will give you the correct CG ) all the way up front in the nose , it's a nice mellow cruiser . And it's easy to upgrade the motor/ESC/prop if you want more speed later .

If you get a SkyFun , I recommend installing something in addition to the three clips that hold the canopy on , or the canopy can pop off in mid flight - at least packing tape at the rear of the canopy .
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Jan 14, 2015, 02:36 PM
Joined Apr 2009
110 Posts
Thanks for the reply
Guess i'll order myself a Skyfun soon than...
Old Jan 14, 2015, 02:46 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,446 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the reply
Guess i'll order myself a Skyfun soon than...
Cool ! Let us know how it works out , with video if possible !

Al
Old Feb 26, 2015, 03:34 PM
Bewdley, Worcestershire, England.
Joined May 2004
90 Posts
I'm putting an "800" together at the moment - I already have some 1300 3S LiPos in the Shed, I have tried one of these and to get the plane to balance at the front of the launching grip as you suggest the LiPo has to be located almost completely within the "tunnel" rather than in what I would refer to as the cockpit. Or do I put the Velcro in the cockpit and end up sticking weights on the back to get the blighter to balance where you recommend ?

(Happy to see that some things never change - Instruction booklet enclosed with the components has been dismembered and hung on a nail in the little shed by the log pile where it will actually be of some use!)
Old Geezer is offline Find More Posts by Old Geezer
Old Feb 27, 2015, 07:14 PM
Joined Apr 2009
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
Cool ! Let us know how it works out , with video if possible !

Al
Well i've gotten my skyfun!
Did do a few modifications, like replaced the stock elevons with some balsa ones, different servo installation, with the horns protruding the top side of the wings and a different setup to hold the canopy... I did end up using the aft two clips, but gotten rid of the forward clip
Had a few flights, okey two flights with her so far... No video as of yet, but a few photo's were made today... already posted those in the flying wing section... But happy to put a few photo's over here aswell:

Gr,
Sjaak
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,446 Posts
Looks like you got the small one , are you happy with it ?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 01:35 PM
Joined Apr 2009
110 Posts
Nope, it's the big one
I'm extremely happy with it! Even easier to fly than expected!
Just a relaxed cruiser if you want it to be and agile enough for some sporty flying...
At the moment i've got a 2100Kv inrunner installed with a 20 amps (25amps for a short period of time) ESC, on full WOT she pulls about 18 amps, so safe enough.
Got a 2600Kv motor as a replacement, but i guess that will pull some what more than 20 amps, so if i want to use that one, i'll need a new ESC aswell and maybe a different prop, something like 5.5x4...
But for now i'n happy with her, thanks for the advise mate
Old Feb 28, 2015, 05:03 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,446 Posts
Quote:
Nope, it's the big one
I'm extremely happy with it! Even easier to fly than expected!
Just a relaxed cruiser if you want it to be and agile enough for some sporty flying...
At the moment i've got a 2100Kv inrunner installed with a 20 amps (25amps for a short period of time) ESC, on full WOT she pulls about 18 amps, so safe enough.
Got a 2600Kv motor as a replacement, but i guess that will pull some what more than 20 amps, so if i want to use that one, i'll need a new ESC aswell and maybe a different prop, something like 5.5x4...
But for now i'n happy with her, thanks for the advise mate
Glad to help !