HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:34 AM
Australia, QLD, Barcaldine
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
Question
Are Wltoys and OrangeRx transmitters compatible?

My Wltoys F929 aeroplane arrived today and I had expected to be able to bind it with my OrangeRx transmitter but it doesn't. A Google search revealed that the Wltoys transmitters are not compatible with the Spectrum DSM2 transmitters and since the OrangeRx transmitter is a DSM2 transmitter I suppose that's why it won't bind.

Is there a way around this binding problem? I expect not, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I tried a DeVention transmitter that came with my Ladybird quad but that didn't bind either. I also have a no-name transmitter that came with another quadcoppter but I haven't tried it in case it does bind and I'm then stuck with a very short range set up.
Outback_flier is offline Find More Posts by Outback_flier
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:23 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,489 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1953649

also read post #18 on that thread.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,955 Posts
Put on workboots, Place WLthing on ground.
Jump up as high as you can, landing on top of the thing.
Repeat as necessary.
Problem fully solved :-).
Arguably drastic, but decidedly effective.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Barcaldine
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
Thanks cmdl for the link. I read through it and the associated links and the only conclusion that I could make is that the module might work with the OrangeRx transmitter.

The cost of the module is greater than the Wltoys transmitter so I don't think that it's worth the trouble. I did discover that the no-name transmitter that I have is actually a Wltoys transmitter (a V959 I think) and the binding process worked without any effort. Now to check the range.

Your suggestion, Bare, might be a little premature. The 939 is an amazingly light and small aeroplane and it looks like it should be a lot of fun.
Outback_flier is offline Find More Posts by Outback_flier
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:42 AM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,860 Posts
"Put on workboots, Place WLthing on ground.
Jump up as high as you can, landing on top of the thing.
Repeat as necessary.
Problem fully solved :-).
Arguably drastic, but decidedly effective. "

Perhaps sharing "How to properly handle the Hitec Feather RX"

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member