SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2014, 08:16 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,156 Posts
Cool
Friends of RCG talk about helis and other interest

A lot of us have been around for a while. We have used other threads to share a comradery between helicopters and other hobbies.

We have been accused of stealing and even taking over threads. I always thought what we did was to help keep threads alive that WE thought needed to be kept going. I example of this would be the old HK500 thread as well as the Did you fly today.

So today I thought I would start this thread. I don't know if it will go anywhere? Feel free to discuses all topics, but still remember this is in the Helicopter forum. Therefore I would like it to come back to helicopters.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2014, 09:08 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,632 Posts
Ahhhhh.. Well that Kinda blows. . I have a Traxxas Slayer pro arriving 2marrow http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXDCKCRL&P=7 . . Don't make me shop talk the "car" guys.. ha ha

No but seriously - - kool thread. . I hope it takes off well. . Been a long time since we had a good thread going. .

Heli related I have finished my Assault 700. . Im not going to put it into a fuse like originaly planned. . Having to much fun with it in Pod & boom form. Pretty much a Hybrid now. .

How far off are you on your 600 MD500 maiden ? Going multi rotor ?
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Feb 13, 2014, 09:20 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Ahhhhh.. Well that Kinda blows. . I have a Traxxas Slayer pro arriving 2marrow http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXDCKCRL&P=7 . . Don't make me shop talk the "car" guys.. ha ha

No but seriously - - kool thread. . I hope it takes off well. . Been a long time since we had a good thread going. .

Heli related I have finished my Assault 700. . Im not going to put it into a fuse like originaly planned. . Having to much fun with it in Pod & boom form. Pretty much a Hybrid now. .

How far off are you on your 600 MD500 maiden ? Going multi rotor ?
Traxxas Slayer is welcome here. That is the point. Please post some pictures when It arrives. You did what I was hoping for and that was a little of something going on with you and your helicopter Assault info.

I got my head for the MD500E, but the shaft was the wrong size. I have the right one on the way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2014, 09:54 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,632 Posts
Double post.
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Feb 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 09:57 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,632 Posts
Copter X ...

Looks nice. . I don't know a thing about CopterX. . Is the head silky smooth ?
I remember last year when you were building your Logo 600. . Wow that was a long wait. . Here is hoping your quicker this year in your build.

I'll post some pics 2marrow of the Slayer. . I sold my boat to get this. . Was way to boring for me on water. . No jumps, flips, ect . .-Yawn-
Old Feb 14, 2014, 05:49 AM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,096 Posts
Hi i have the black angel 450 the dfc head was not that good lots of slop ,i got a second one was good for 3 flights and now has slop, there is a bearing mod one of the guys on here did to fix it , but i changed the head to the fbl head , thats a really nice head very smooth no slop has over sized bearings, My wife has got me the airwolf body for it ,i will get the 4 bladed head it looks so much nicer , a better scale look to the heli , i may get a second heli to fit into the body and keep angel as she is
That 500 head look very nice mate your have to put some pics on here when its all fixed up mate, the scale heli section does not have a lot going on in it, most posts have not changed for a while now
holtneil is online now Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,860 Posts
First I want to announce my banning at HF! LMAO!! Got the insecure and in denial Goblin fanboys all riled up in the process...LOL. I guess in their own little heads they believe their Made in Vietnam helis are perfect when it comes to fit and finish...LOL! I actually ignored the warnings just to see how long before I would be banned haha!

Anyway cool new toy Deja! Hopefully you won't get bored with that truck too soon. Me I never get bored of my cars..speaking of which I may take my Duratrax custom VW Baja Bug out in the snow today!

As for helis I'm starting a new brushless conversion project with the MasterCP. I've got a tiny Hyperion brushless motor ordered. Also ordered a brushed->brushless signal converter. Already have a 18 amp HW esc. I will eventually go full brushless tail too just for fun. Gonna be using a Tamiya hardcoated aluminum pinion. Should provide longer flight time while weighing less.

I'm also thinking about doing a world first variable pitch direct drive tail on a MasterCP. Of course to do that right I would need to have a custom tail case 3D printed
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Feb 14, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:17 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,774 Posts
I've been building and flying quads lately so my heli fleet hasn't been crashed lately(I mean flown)!Sorry about the banning!
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,860 Posts
Ban is only temporary so...no loss.

Speaking of quads do you have any plans for FPV? I'm looking to get the new mini quad from bay area quads as my first venture into FPV and quads. There's a huge thread in the mini multi-rotor subforum.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 07:54 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,156 Posts
That CopterX head is actually from their 600pro. Very nice bearings. If I had a issue it's their links are really tight and slightly larger than anyone else's.

Here is a picture of my truck. Of course it had to be made by a helicopter company lol!

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:07 AM
Great Quad & Good Cigar 😎
United States, CO, Calhan
Joined May 2013
411 Posts
So I am totally into the RC modeling thing now, I got so many projects before me, they will probably bury the unfinished ones with me. Lol....

I picked up at a auction a P-51 Mustang kit, 60 size, because it looked cool, but a lot of assembly, and a crashed Gee Bee 40size, because it too looked cool. Later this year projects.

Meanwhile on the bench is my TRex 450, that I'm contemplating putting into an A109 fuselage.
Just ordered the FlyMentor module for my Blade 500 to give me the warm and fuzzy, before I get brave. Hope it does what it says it does. Not a fan of 3D, so got bigger plans for that one.
Also own the new Extreme Quad, from RC Logger, what a blast, is all I can say.

Only been doing the Hobby for 8months, and finally found a mentor who is helping me out. As a geezer I need all the help I can get.
Y'all have a great day, and enjoy this thread, if we can keep the technicality out of it, and just share experiences, and new toys.
Old Man Zzzz is online now Find More Posts by Old Man Zzzz
Old Feb 14, 2014, 08:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,860 Posts
Nice truck Mhills! Is that 8th scale? How many Lipo cells you running? What brushless system you using?

Btw I would love to see copterx multi rotor head on your scaler.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 09:48 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Ban is only temporary so...no loss.

Speaking of quads do you have any plans for FPV? I'm looking to get the new mini quad from bay area quads as my first venture into FPV and quads. There's a huge thread in the mini multi-rotor subforum.
Fpv is my goal so I'm getting the tech stuff figured out.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:29 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
I've been building and flying quads lately so my heli fleet hasn't been crashed lately(I mean flown)!Sorry about the banning!
Did you ever get to see if it would work in a helicopter . I couldn't do it with my quad controller even in airplane mode .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:31 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,026 Posts
Want to see my helicopter ST-1
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo