SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Discussion
Anyone Know Where I Can Get Some M0.8 or M1 Steel Washers in a Hurry?

I am having trouble getting some M.8 and/or M1 (0.8/1mm metric washers) in steel. I need them to be either plain steel or 15-5, 17-4, or 17-7 stainless steel. They cannot be 301, 302, 304, 316, or 18-8 stainless steel. Basically I need these to be very magnetic. I am in a bit of a hurry. I have been trying to source these things, and each group that I have tried to go to that say they have them in stock, end up not having them. I have been trying to get them for a few weeks now. I am looking to get about 20 of them. It has gotten a bit more of a priority as I would like to show them to a good friend before he passes away. If I cannot find some, I will have to get some drill bits in the right size and make them on the lathe. If I cannot find some by this weekend, that is what I will do. Thanks for your help.
Aeroengineer1 is offline Find More Posts by Aeroengineer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined Nov 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroengineer1 View Post
I am having trouble getting some M.8 and/or M1 (0.8/1mm metric washers) in steel. I need them to be either plain steel or 15-5, 17-4, or 17-7 stainless steel. They cannot be 301, 302, 304, 316, or 18-8 stainless steel. Basically I need these to be very magnetic. I am in a bit of a hurry. I have been trying to source these things, and each group that I have tried to go to that say they have them in stock, end up not having them. I have been trying to get them for a few weeks now. I am looking to get about 20 of them. It has gotten a bit more of a priority as I would like to show them to a good friend before he passes away. If I cannot find some, I will have to get some drill bits in the right size and make them on the lathe. If I cannot find some by this weekend, that is what I will do. Thanks for your help.
Lowes or Home Depot should have them. They have everything else that I have needed.
Skipjack585 is offline Find More Posts by Skipjack585
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked there, and they do not have anything smaller than m4 in metric or #2 machine screw in the inch system.

So far I have looked at the following vendors:
McMaster
MSC
Smallparts/Amazon
Fastenal
DrillSpot
Grainger
Digikey
Mouser
Applied Industrial
Newark
Home Depot
Lowes
Ace

There are a few others, but I cannot remember their names right now.

Adam
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Nov 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroengineer1 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked there, and they do not have anything smaller than m4 in metric or #2 machine screw in the inch system.

So far I have looked at the following vendors:
McMaster
MSC
Smallparts/Amazon
Fastenal
DrillSpot
Grainger
Digikey
Mouser
Applied Industrial
Newark
Home Depot
Lowes
Ace

There are a few others, but I cannot remember their names right now.

Adam
Found this. They are in Washington state.

http://www.usmicroscrew.com/micro-screw-sizes.html
Skipjack585 is offline Find More Posts by Skipjack585
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Nov 2010
25 Posts
What about 5/16" washers?

5/16" = .312"
8mm = .314"

Call Metric and Multistandard

OR
Maryland Metrics
thunderguts is offline Find More Posts by thunderguts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Thunderguts,

I will check out your link. Though, I wish that it was as easy a getting a washer that large. Unfortunately, I need something in the .031-.050 range for what I am trying to do.

Adam
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Thunderguts,

Thanks, they (Maryland Metrics) had them in stock and I should have them here by the weekend. I really appreciate your help in this.

Adam