Old Jul 27, 2014, 05:16 AM
Overconfidentii Flyis Caninus
United States, WI
Joined Jun 2007
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrictony View Post
Greetings,
Does anyone here have a copy of gyrodel2007,exe? I am trying to use a spectrum SPMA3060 programmer to change the orientation of a PKZU2164 receiver. I've given up on getting it to work on my Windows 7 laptop. I have gotten the usb SPMA3060 to load on 2 XP desktops but the latest version of the software does not detect the port in use. I was hoping an older version of the software might work. If someone could upload it to the files section that would be beyond awesome. Unfortunately I have gotten NOWHERE with HH Tech support (Clueless) so I was hoping the real knowledge bank is here.

I am also having trouble getting the PKZU2164 receiver (from a UM Spitfire) into X-Port mode and of course there is No Manual available for this receiver. I can find manuals for the planes they are used in but there isn't squat for info on the receiver & again the most I can get out of HH is confirmation there is no manual.....Frustrating.

Thanks
Tony
Tony,
Attached is the OLD (original?) version of the AS3X programming software that I downloaded and saved about 16 months ago. It contains the gyrodel2007.exe file that you are looking for. I never got around to using it so I can't guarantee it works properly, etc. I did scan it for viruses using Kaspersky and it is clean!

Note that I saved the zip file with '_old' added to the end of the file name so it distinguishes it apart from the current version available from Spektrum/HH.

I don't know how save/upload files to the "Files" page so I attached it here in the thread.

Hope this helps and good luck. Keep us posted. Thanks!

Mike
WileCoyote is offline Find More Posts by WileCoyote
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by WileCoyote; Jul 27, 2014 at 05:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:07 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,536 Posts
EM, Take the time and read the Checklist Joel posted.

getting the trims as close as possible mechanically WILL make the plane fly better! The struts are threaded so there is no reason not to get the lengths right.

Quote:
Greetings,
Does anyone here have a copy of gyrodel2007,exe? I am trying to use a spectrum SPMA3060 programmer to change the orientation of a PKZU2164 receiver. I've given up on getting it to work on my Windows 7 laptop. I have gotten the usb SPMA3060 to load on 2 XP desktops but the latest version of the software does not detect the port in use. I was hoping an older version of the software might work. If someone could upload it to the files section that would be beyond awesome. Unfortunately I have gotten NOWHERE with HH Tech support (Clueless) so I was hoping the real knowledge bank is here.

I am also having trouble getting the PKZU2164 receiver (from a UM Spitfire) into X-Port mode and of course there is No Manual available for this receiver. I can find manuals for the planes they are used in but there isn't squat for info on the receiver & again the most I can get out of HH is confirmation there is no manual.....Frustrating.

Thanks
Tony
I have both versions hosted on my webserver here:
Original
Upgraded version
Both versions scanned with KAV 2014. I also run Linux so no virus can wiggle its way in.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:30 AM
United States, NJ, Ocean Township
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Thanks guys,

Mike,
Thanks for the message, your version came through fine. There is still something screwey I have to figure out. I have the USB interface loaded on Comm 4 & working fine as indicated in windows / system / hardware etc. The Software does not detect or get a response from the USB device. Neither version of the software detects the port in use. The older version I just received from you allows me to select a port manually but when I select comm port 4, I get a "No Response" message.
This is with the USB interface only plugged in & not connected to the receiver.
Does the USB interface need to be plugged into a powered up receiver to generate a signal to the computer? Now I have to figure out if the USB SPMA3060 is defective or I am

Trying to get the PKZU2164 from a UM Spitfire is a whole different problem.
I hope HH comes out with a manual for this receiver. I have the manual for my UM P-40 & one for a UM P-51. Both use the same receiver yet there is very little to no info on the electronics.

Brian,
I'll check your server next. I already have the current files from HH.

Thanks again for the response

Tony
Electrictony is offline Find More Posts by Electrictony
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:33 PM
United States, NJ, Ocean Township
Joined Jul 2010
15 Posts
Using a combination of old & new drivers I was able to to get the USB interface working on my Windows 7 Laptop, something I had given up on so thanks guys!
Both programs detect the SPMA3060 interface on Comm Port 11 but I still get a "no response" message when I try to read or send a command to the receiver.

The problem is I still can't get the PKZU2164 receiver (from a UM Spitfire) into X-Port mode. I tried the procedure for the AR6410: Transmitter on, full throttle, full right rudder. Plug in receiver battery, receiver flashes twice then comes on solid. Never goes into X-Port mode no matter how many times I try.

I tried the process with a different transmitter, my old DX7 'back up" & I got it into X-Port mode & was able to hook up to my computer & change the orientation of the board, which was my main goal. When I re bound the receiver to my DX8 it stayed in X-Port mode so now I can play with the settings & get the gyro's correct. I now also have the ability to turn the AS3X on & off via the ch5 switch. Very cool.

Thanks again for all the help...off to figure out what stick priority is & how much I should use...

Tony
Electrictony is offline Find More Posts by Electrictony
Last edited by Electrictony; Jul 27, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:00 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,377 Posts
Quote:
Using a combination of old & new drivers I was able to to get the USB interface working on my Windows 7 Laptop, something I had given up on so thanks guys!
Both programs detect the SPMA3060 interface on Comm Port 11 but I still get a "no response" message when I try to read or send a command to the receiver.

The problem is I still can't get the PKZU2164 receiver (from a UM Spitfire) into X-Port mode. I tried the procedure for the AR6410: Transmitter on, full throttle, full right rudder. Plug in receiver battery, receiver flashes twice then comes on solid. Never goes into X-Port mode no matter how many times I try.

I tried the process with a different transmitter, my old DX7 'back up" & I got it into X-Port mode & was able to hook up to my computer & change the orientation of the board, which was my main goal. When I re bound the receiver to my DX8 it stayed in X-Port mode so now I can play with the settings & get the gyro's correct. I now also have the ability to turn the AS3X on & off via the ch5 switch. Very cool.

Thanks again for all the help...off to figure out what stick priority is & how much I should use...

Tony
lots of details in my blog post about it running with windows 7. Coincidentally all my experimentation was with the board from my UM spitfire.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1976834
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick