HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:30 PM
Joined May 2011
6 Posts
I may be wrong, but the high alpha flying looked much more solid on the 3S setup, in my opinion one can really see the extra weight that comes with the 4S battery.
Xtraquick is offline Find More Posts by Xtraquick
Last edited by Xtraquick; Sep 15, 2011 at 07:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:48 PM
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
Best Video of Bandit by far!! Sick!! Rc planes have come so far. Was awesome to see the 4 cell set up and how it flys. That is how i am setting mine up and was curious if it could take the punishment. Not only that but fly it graceful with precision on a 4 cell. Bad to the bone .. looking forward and thanks to innovation and the hobby.. Cheers
theflyingJD is offline Find More Posts by theflyingJD
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:50 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,382 Posts
DUDE!!!!! YOu knocked it out of the park Yet Again!!!!!!!

I have I told you lately you are the Man! If not... You are Da Man!

Awesome video.... My replacement is on its way... I will have it built the same day!!!!!!!
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:53 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,382 Posts
Dan... by the way... I have to say you were right! As hard as that is, and I will never hear the end of it! The 4s is the way to go... I flew my bandit on 4s the last8 flights, and all around... It was better. The slow stuff was just as good. Have I humbled myself enough? or do you need more you were right and I was wrong?
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:19 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Dan,

As usual - excellent flying! Looks like I'll be picking up a few 4s packs.

Joel

Sent from my home-built 6-core PC, using an IBM Model M mechanical keyboard
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:33 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Very entertaining Video and awesome flying as usual, Dan.
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:13 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,028 Posts
Awesome video Daniel, Tx for sharing and see that 4S performance....My doubt is if the speed controller incluided with IPACS is enough or it is necessary to change for another with more amps. ?.
Tx. again.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:14 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo View Post
Awesome video Daniel, Tx for sharing and see that 4S performance....My doubt is if the speed controller incluided with IPACS is enough or it is necessary to change for another with more amps. ?.
Tx. again.
Manolo.
Manolo, the Quantum45/Thrust40 combo is perfect for 4S with a 12x6 Vox prop. No need for a bigger ESC
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:22 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
PA Bandit 4S iPAs Xtreme setup maiden flights, flown by Daniel Dominguez (6 min 28 sec)

Thanks guys! happy everyone liked the video! it is the iPAs 4S Xtreme setup, with the T40, Q45 and Vox 12x6 and PA 14.8v 2200 packs, it pulls around 45 amps at full throttle, so no need for a bigger esc! the Q45 Pro handles it just perfectly!

Xtraquick, i have to say that it is not the plane, but actually me, i was flying in places i didnt now, and i didnt feel so comfortable with the fields, so i took it a bit easier than usual, i will do a new video of the bandit with 4s, when i get a bit more flights on it, at my home field!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Last edited by aerofundan; Sep 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:48 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,689 Posts
Thinking about this and have a question. What other spinner will work for this plane. Would a 2" or 2.5" work better? No offense but I really do not want to spend an extra 30.00 for a spinner, when I can pick up a regular one for under 10.00 or there abouts. I know, it's part of what makes the plane but I'll be using other equivalent equipment that I already have for this plane if I do decide to purchase. Any thoughts?
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Does the longer prop adapter make the more pointy spinner a requirment?

Saving that, I like the Extreme flight spinners. Very light, much lighter than other metal back spinners.

Agree on the price. I would buy the bling package myself, but I like the blue wheel pants better.
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Sep 15, 2011, 01:35 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
The prop adapter doesn't have anything to do with the spinner. But the spinner does a have special size and shape made for the Bandit. It is worth it to put the CF spinner for it! Everyone at my field comments on how nice it looks because of the spinner!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:33 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
Manolo, the Quantum45/Thrust40 combo is perfect for 4S with a 12x6 Vox prop. No need for a bigger ESC
Great...., Tx for the info buddy...

Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:37 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
593 Posts
Daniel,

Have a red one arriving Monday. Going to fly it 3S to start. Any build hints? Does PA recommend reinforcing the motor mount as they do the AMR? Want to make it strong for 4S later.

Nice video....one of these days I hope to fly as smooth as you!!
allelectrik is online now Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:15 AM
Germany
Joined Dec 2010
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
[url]Thanks guys! happy everyone liked the video! it is the iPAs 4S Xtreme setup, with the T40, Q45 and Vox 12x6 and PA 14.8v 2200 packs, it pulls around 45 amps at full throttle, so no need for a bigger esc! the Q45 Pro handles it just perfectly!
Nice Vid as always Dan!

To be honest i think every IPA should contain an original Daniel Dominguez sun hat!!!!

Shaun u read?

Have fun...

Greetings from Germany

Marcel
mp.stumpy is offline Find More Posts by mp.stumpy