HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:31 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,888 Posts
Just letting you guys know that there are 2 days left of FREE shipping at Fancyfoam on the EzFly and all my other kits.
Mike
Fancyfoam.com
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2014, 03:11 AM
Joined May 2014
23 Posts
Finally got around to getting the EzFly out with my grandson again (there's been a lot happening).

We made a few changes: a) took the twist out of the fuselage by strapping glassfibre tape as a tensioner - bit crude but it worked, and b) changed the controls to throttle only on the left stick, rudder and elevator on the left - as recommended here by Al.

Also, my grandson had been using a 3-channel simulator app, and flying my MicroStik, which I had left with him, with a friend of his.

Anyway, this time we had successful short flights. Throttle set to about half and left like that, until landing. Just short circuits on rudder and elevator followed by smooth landings. Then the dreaded wind picked up again! Now my grandson feels confident with flying his EzFly, we can build up range and speed, so good progress.

No video, I'm afraid as the battery went in my phone.
newtofoam is offline Find More Posts by newtofoam
Old Aug 07, 2014, 12:34 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtofoam View Post
Finally got around to getting the EzFly out with my grandson again (there's been a lot happening).

We made a few changes: a) took the twist out of the fuselage by strapping glassfibre tape as a tensioner - bit crude but it worked, and b) changed the controls to throttle only on the left stick, rudder and elevator on the left - as recommended here by Al.

Also, my grandson had been using a 3-channel simulator app, and flying my MicroStik, which I had left with him, with a friend of his.

Anyway, this time we had successful short flights. Throttle set to about half and left like that, until landing. Just short circuits on rudder and elevator followed by smooth landings. Then the dreaded wind picked up again! Now my grandson feels confident with flying his EzFly, we can build up range and speed, so good progress.

No video, I'm afraid as the battery went in my phone.
Glad to hear it's working out for you and your grandson !

Al
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2014
15 Posts
First maiden failName: uploadfromtaptalk1408120728622.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 48.5 KB
Description: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1408120728622.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 48.5 KB
Description:
scruffy1972 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1972
Old Aug 17, 2014, 04:55 PM
Recycled Modeller
Dungiven, Northern Ireland
Joined Apr 2008
235 Posts
If anyone wants to build a "Bomber" version of E Z Fly, as seen earlier in this thread, here's some nose art!

(This was originally from the pre-war "Buzzard Bombshell")
Wilf is offline Find More Posts by Wilf
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:26 AM
Joined Apr 2014
175 Posts
I'm very new to rc planes and I'm thinking of ordering the EzyFly trainer. If I use a Mode 2 transmitter with this plane, I assume I would be using the right stick for turning in the air, as well as elevator control?
dragonblade is offline Find More Posts by dragonblade
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:35 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade View Post
I'm very new to rc planes and I'm thinking of ordering the EzyFly trainer. If I use a Mode 2 transmitter with this plane, I assume I would be using the right stick for turning in the air, as well as elevator control?
The EzFly is a GREAT choice for new flyers ! In my opinion , it's easiest for new flyers with a mode 2 TX to control only throttle with the left stick , and both rudder ( turning ) and elevator with the right stick .

Let us know how it goes !

Al
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:14 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonblade View Post
Motorhead's EPP EzyFly is a great choice. I have a little more experience and still love this plane. It's a good first plane and it's design makes it fun for full contact combat later on. My original met it's death in a full contact battle indoors. I'm building (actually just simple assembly) one of the Mustang versions now. My primary interest is 3D, but it's great to just float around late evening with the sun setting and good friends to fly with.

The only downside I see to the plane is now that I have the Mustang I want the Spitfire also.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr