SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
Chesterfield, MI USA
United States, MI, Chesterfield
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
Question
Dirty Birdy Servos

I am building the Great Planes Dirty Birdy as my completion pattern plane for this summer. This will by my first year competing and I will be in the Sportsman class.

My questions is what would be the recommended HiTec servos be for each control surface for this plane.

Thank you in advance for you time!
Chris
Mac333 is offline Find More Posts by Mac333
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,549 Posts
nothing wrong with asking here! but you probly get a quicker and more apropriate answer in the classic pattern section!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:47 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2003
497 Posts
If you posted this in classic pattern you would have 15 reply's by now. They would probably all be different but all helpful. For a cheap non-digital HiTec setup I think this would be perfect:

Throttle:
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-82mg_servo.html

Ailerons:
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-225mg_mighty_mini.html

Elevator / Rudder:
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-625mg_ultra_speed.html

With the small control surfaces and short throws and the emphasis on being smooth on the sticks there is no need for lighting fast or exotic digitals. Remember back in the day these things flew very well with some pretty crappy servos by todays standards. My two 30 year old classics I fly today, 8 and 10 pounds with screaming piped 60's only have the HiTec 485HB Karbonite's with 1450mah unregulated LiFe batts. For the Dirty Birdy I'm building now the selections above are what I'd go with if I was going with HiTec this time.

Go over to the Classic Pattern forum and post some picks of your DB! We don't bite... hard.
Have Fun
Eric
edh13 is offline Find More Posts by edh13
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:26 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,549 Posts
thats why I didn't post anything! I would have sent ya in a completely wrong direction!

as edh 13 has put more in his one post, then I know about pattern flying! I have been flying off and on since the mid 80's and like I said, you need to not only know the right question, but who to ask!

happy flying! oh and it's not that I don't like pattern flying, it's just not real big up here in the northwest!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450