HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 09, 2014, 08:23 PM
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined May 2007
1,401 Posts
retracts ... whats the best e retract for the $
am ready to assemble another xXx and was looking at E flight , is there a source for a complete set for this plane that wont break the bank .
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2014, 08:53 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Lots of retracts out there, you need to choose something based on your flying surface primarily!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Nov 10, 2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2014, 09:14 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
As stated the Best out there are the Electron-Retracts.
http://www.usarcjets.com/cgi-bin/sho...t%20-%20Struts
Thank you Billy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
am ready to assemble another xXx and was looking at E flight , is there a source for a complete set for this plane that wont break the bank .
BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Nov 09, 2014, 09:40 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
870 Posts
Quote:
Airboss, I think you're asking two separate questions - what's the best, and what won't break the bank, as the best are always going to be more expensive than the adequate. I have the adequate version, but I'm not sure if these are sold outside Taiwan:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21408065890081

These retail for about US$110 in Taiwan for a set of three retracts - not including those two struts in the picture, which are another $35. The retracts are rated for up to 10KG, so it's much less powerful than the top of the line stuff that Billy and Mark sell. But, they also hold up fine. I've had mine for over 60 flights now and they're still going strong, but I've never tested them with hard landings.

Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
Old Nov 10, 2014, 01:00 AM
Joined May 2007
1,401 Posts
I would like to know what the best complete package deal is and where . doesn't have to be the strongest or the nicest looking but weight reduction always helps
Old Nov 10, 2014, 04:55 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
For grass flyers, that is 99% of us over here and afaik in the EU, strong reliable retracts are a must.

Its a pity you feel so threatened Billy that you have to keep reporting my posts, these threads are visited by people round the world and are one of the few ways they get to know about stuff local to them. Sure I could start a thread on JTM but it would be lost in 24h due to the burying tactics often seen in the edf forum... I was under the impression that JTM expects all its dealers to participate in the threads on its products, at least that's what Andy told me, not to mention if you volunteer to do the build and manual on a product its to be shared whether thread based or otherwise. Take note of the EU testers threads on the original Hawk.
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Dec 03, 2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 07:57 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,713 Posts
if I may also suggest some other brand only if billy D allows maybe even with personal message because this is a usarcjets thread
pavlis is online now Find More Posts by pavlis
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:13 AM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
The One and only reason I closed the thread before was because of the excessive spamming of my thread.
Billy D
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:22 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,713 Posts
http://jet-italia.it/inglese/carrelli.html
these are a bit expensive but will hold up to 20kgs plane, (actually Ive seen them used in up to 25)
they also have ebrakes controller built in now and up to 6 sequencers, it will also be 20% less on the price because that price includes 20% EU vat
pavlis is online now Find More Posts by pavlis
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:01 AM
Joined May 2007
1,401 Posts
thanks guys and Billy don't worry Im just looking for another good deal like the xXx I got for $999. I have the JTM gear now and hoped for something better that weighs less
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:47 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
870 Posts
Quote:
thanks guys and Billy don't worry Im just looking for another good deal like the xXx I got for $999. I have the JTM gear now and hoped for something better that weighs less
Airboss are you ready to maiden yet? Videos please!

Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
Old Nov 10, 2014, 04:12 PM
Joined May 2007
1,401 Posts
yes maiden is tomorrow , I have MarkF going and should shoot the video.

we did a run-up today and she pulled 98A cold then settled in at 97A on 12S
CG is right on 198mm with the 6600 lipo from dinogy

started my 2nd xXx this weekend and she's about half done. sure is easy to do them back to back. I'm moving the EVF3 all the way to the rear on X2 and she may hold some 8000 lipos then
Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
I don't see any spam in my post, in fact I didn't mention any product period. I would like to know why you talk about me at the US shows though Billy, bad mouth me when you don't even know me. What I said about JTM stands, dealers are supposed to be working together, I was dealing with them before you were and I never sold into the US.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:27 PM
Joined May 2007
1,401 Posts
this is the xXx thread right ?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 05:32 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
Sorry to all the Guys out there with xXx that have used this thread to help build and fly this Great jet.
But I'm Closing it permanently.
If you need any info please call or email me at sales@usarcjets.com and I will be very happy to help ANYONE with JTM jets this way. I will not be using RCG for this purpose anymore.
Thank you all Billy D
Closed Thread