SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:37 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Discussion
GWS reverse props

GWS reverse props avalible now!

GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:41 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
This will be great match pair for those like to have multi motors scale models and UFO.

Very balance to GWS regular props!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO View Post
This will be great match pair for those like to have multi motors scale models and UFO.

Very balance to GWS regular props!
Nice. BUT the norm now is to use motors with collet adaptors which have 5mm shafts! Nobody wants to drill out a prop hub and deal with off center or angled holes and the resulting vibration. But you knew that already... I have given you that feedback three times previously over the years!

When you start making props with shaft adaptors (like the large props you came out with a couple years ago), I'll reconsider using GWS props.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Sorry, this is for those who use GWS slow props be able to a match pair. Since many multiaxis UFO makers stay with this hub. Can't change them.

When other GWS HD props reverse types come, then they will be match the new hub as well.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Your PM box is full

Hi Mr. Lin,

I would like to send you a PM but your mail box is full. Can you clean it up a bit or give me another email address?

Thanks,

Vince
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, this is for those who use GWS slow props be able to a match pair. Since many multiaxis UFO makers stay with this hub. Can't change them.

When other GWS HD props reverse types come, then they will be match the new hub as well.
I just bought a quad copter which uses four motors with 3mm shafts. All four motors do NOT have a thread shaft, cannot use your CW-CCW props without drilling, and this is BY FAR the norm today. You are missing a huge market by insisting that motors still use 3mm threaded shafts and therefore can't adapt. My four motors came with collet adaptors for the 3mm motor shaft, and the collets have a 5mm shaft for the props. Therefore, I bought four matched pairs of someone elses nice, inexpensive, and reasonably well balanced CW-CCW rotating props that have the necessary prop inserts for the collet with no drilling required. If you browse the multi-rotor coptor forum here on RCGroups, you will quickly see your premise is slanted to a very tiny seqment of the market, and you are missing a huge market opportunity for props.

No disrespect intended, but there is an old saying... "There are none so blind as those who will not see". The market has changed since I first bought GWS equipment about 9 years ago and learned to fly, but your products have lagged behind the changes. No wonder your sales have diminished... you are not adapting to want people are wanting and using.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
Hi Mr. Lin,

I would like to send you a PM but your mail box is full. Can you clean it up a bit or give me another email address?

Thanks,

Vince
Pls send e-mail to: servoman@qq.com or servoman@163.com

or add my SKYPE: gws4ceo
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:57 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,193 Posts
Quote:
Will you be making reverse versions of the EP8040, EP9050, or EP1060?
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:13 PM
Capital Region, NY
Joined Nov 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Where will these be sold in the US?
ScottV is offline Find More Posts by ScottV
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:21 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
I'd love to see those options, along with prop inserts on both versions!
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:16 AM
formosa
Joined Feb 2009
160 Posts
Prop inserts

Hi Tom., Thank you very much for your suggestions. Prop insert is a good approach., we certainly will take this into consideration.
gws roger is offline Find More Posts by gws roger
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:34 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws roger View Post
Hi Tom., Thank you very much for your suggestions. Prop insert is a good approach., we certainly will take this into consideration.
Hi Roger,

I hope you can make it happen, because all your competition is doing it. Virtually no one using CW-CCW paired props are using 3mm threaded shaft motors! Mr. Lin just can't come to grips with that. The norm today is brushless outrunners with collet adaptors.

And while at it, your 3 bladed props need some re-tooling. I tried one 8x4HD three bladed prop , and it was so poorly balanced it took Scotch tape on nearly the entire length of two blades to get the prop to balance properly. That has to be an off center hole in the hub adaptor insert to require that much counter weight, I think. Good luck!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
Capital Region, NY
Joined Nov 2006
75 Posts
Still no place to buy these props in the USA?
ScottV is offline Find More Posts by ScottV
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottV View Post
Still no place to buy these props in the USA?
Why bother looking when you can get these here in the US WITH prop inserts for a very fair price (and they are stiffer as well).GWS offereing is too little and too late!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:52 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Why bother looking when you can get these here in the US WITH prop inserts for a very fair price (and they are stiffer as well).
Ripoff plastic copies of APC slowfly props? No thanks.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott