HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:10 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Pompano Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2008
298 Posts
Thanks Kevin, I agree well worth the extra effort. You probly get at least 10% extra boost with the lower drag, and will thermal better than a plane without them. Every little bit helps.

See ya, Rockitglider
Rockitglider is offline Find More Posts by Rockitglider
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:55 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Pompano Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2008
298 Posts
Hello again Kevin,

One more question, did you make your own pockets? Or did you purchase a complete setup with all the hardware and pockets already made? On the link that I posted it looks like the setup that is for DLG and Handlaunch gliders(1/16") size doesn't come with the pockets, it says you have to make your own. Thanks,

Rockitglider
Rockitglider is offline Find More Posts by Rockitglider
Old Jun 06, 2010, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2003
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockitglider View Post
Hello again Kevin,

One more question, did you make your own pockets? Or did you purchase a complete setup with all the hardware and pockets already made? On the link that I posted it looks like the setup that is for DLG and Handlaunch gliders(1/16") size doesn't come with the pockets, it says you have to make your own. Thanks,

Rockitglider
I made my own using 3/32" x 1/16" bass for the sides and 0.015" fiberglass sheet for the pocket itself. The pocket is pretty easy to make actually. The carbon torque rods take a little more skill, but not too bad to make.

ASK of rcbuilder.com offers a complete setup: http://www.rcbuilder.com/Merchant2/m...egory_Code=ACC

Though, for $35 I can make a few dozen of these. And its basically your time or his depending on how you look at.

Regards,

KK
kkooch is offline Find More Posts by kkooch
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
266 Posts
Kevin,

Very nice review of your plane and the hidden RDS system! I will use this on a couple models I have coming over from Latvia.

The current world champion model... I'm sorry I don't have the name of it as it seems to be named based on who is either selling or making the model.

I decided to start with something proven, then improve it.

I will start a thread once they arrive ... takes about 20 days after I paid for the models to be made and shipped...

I scoured the web for information but most FAI sites are in anything but English.

Here is what I know about the model's achievements:

FAI European Championships for Space Models 2011

S8E/P Senior - Overall

1st: Aleksandrs Ojavers LTV ( LATVIA) YL - 261

2nd: Pawel Janisiewicz POL

3rd: Tomaz Starin SLO

World Champion 2011 , 2008 ( st. Place team)

Lauris Pumpurs LTV ( LATVIA) YL – 264

So in about a month I will have more info

Gambler
RCGambler is offline Find More Posts by RCGambler
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)