SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:52 PM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,591 Posts
Why is saying exactly what happened to me slamming a retailer. I have clearly stated above that I have asked them to refund my money, the the truth is that their website is deceptive. Not saying something is out of stock implies that it is in stock. People should just know that this is not the case with their website, especially if you are ordering something that is time sensitive. I am the happy owner of 2 other Scorpion motors and expect they will handle this professionally, but the point is that I should have never been put into this situation where something I clearly thought I was buying to get in a few days, is not coming my way. Their product and service is too good to have a deceptive website like that IMHO.
cherokee180c is offline Find More Posts by cherokee180c
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:58 PM
To me, every day is Saturday
DAL/FTW
Joined Jul 2006
1,533 Posts
RCDude = GOOD people. It has been my experience that Randy has always gone overboard to be helpful.

gb
fall666 is offline Find More Posts by fall666
Old Apr 17, 2010, 12:58 PM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppertn View Post
Lucien just got back from a whirlwind business tour of China, then Toledo, and now gearing up for SEFF. Give him a little time. I have every expectation that you'll be satisfied. Simple as that. You're not dealing with HobbyCity here.

RCDude.com has them in stock if you don't want to wait.

kendall
Thanks TupperTN for the help and option to buy from where it is in stock. I know he has been out of town, so obviously he is catching up on things. Not sure that explains or excuses the lack of stock status on their website though as going back and looking, it is just never stated, which is deceptive to me. To be honest, I have purchased from HC in the past and I never have this problem because they are very clear about the stock level and if you are ordering in stock or backordered items.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 01:33 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
Why is saying exactly what happened to me slamming a retailer. I have clearly stated above that I have asked them to refund my money, the the truth is that their website is deceptive. Not saying something is out of stock implies that it is in stock.
I can't speak to the issue with the website. I don't know the software he uses or how it's hosted, but I can assure you that it was not a deliberate attempt to take your money.

We just try to give companies at least one chance to make it right before taking up arms.

One chance is all Lucien will need.

You could try calling him too. The new hours say he's open "most Saturdays" 9-2 Pacific time although this is a pretty hectic time for RC retailers as Ben has demonstrated.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Apr 17, 2010, 02:50 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
Now I am really pissed! I finally decided on the Scorpion S-4020-12 motor and placed the order with Innov8tive designs. The website appeared through the entire ordering process that it was in stock and I paid fully with paypal. I then get an email the next day telling me the motor is out of stock and I am on a waiting list. I have sent an email to Lucien explaining that I never backorder anything on the internet and he needs to cancel my order and pay me back immediately. Let's see what happens. I am sick of all these companies selling things they don't have and not making it clear to the buyer what they are agreeing to. I am now the happy owner of two other Scorpion motors, but will never buy another if they don't handle this in a professional manner. Stay tuned.
If I were Lucien,I would most likely take off work today and rest.He just got back form oversees.I would just about bet you money he will take care of your concerns by first of the week.Maybe call him up on the phone..I'm sure it is a glitch in the computer systems as that happens.HC has sevferal folks batteries in limbo right now due to a move to new warehouse they did had..It happens,dont count ole Lucien from Innovative Designs out..He is a class act.
For a little advise I know you didnt ask me for,a PM or phone call gets help quicker then coming on RCG and making angry post.Save those for after you have exhausted all other options.
Your bud:Matt
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 17, 2010, 03:01 PM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,591 Posts
You are probably right, and I am not accusing him of taking my money. I will try to be slower to pull the trigger on a negative post in the future. The fact is I am on travel right now visiting my family after my Grandmother died earlier this week. I thought I took care of this before leaving so I could finish my plane next week when I return. Again, I have no problem with anything that has transpired, other than their website should clearly show if something is out of stock, or at least let you know during the checkout process, so you can make an educated decision.

I really appreciate everyone's help from this forum to find a solution for me. Your suggestion to call them really helped, although it was very hard to find their phone number on the website (I missed it originally when I tried to find it), as it is not in the contact us section, but under the shipping and returns section (another opportunity for improvement?). I just got off the phone with Morgan from Innov8tive. Funny thing is he agreed with me that their site should clearly state inventory status and he told me they are just about to do a website upgrade that adds this feature. He also appologized because their inventory is a bit screwed up right now. They are going to ship out the other parts of my order that are in stock and refund my money on Monday so I can buy from RC Dude. Good news all around and it looks like a good company is going to be getting better so misunderstandings like this are avoided in the future.

Again thanks to everyone for helping me out.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 03:19 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
rock on cherokee.so sorry to hear about your loss
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 17, 2010, 03:26 PM
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Sweet.

kendall
Old Apr 17, 2010, 04:42 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Mine will be arriving on the 21st I do believe.
Parts are also inbound my pos at this time.

Can't wait to get into this build.

ok back to my other plane builds

This hobby is seriously an addictive thing.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Apr 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post

This hobby is seriously an addictive thing.
No it's not. I can quit anytime I want.

kendall
Old Apr 17, 2010, 05:03 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
^ Yeah, Right... ^
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Apr 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Nov 2009
222 Posts
Sure you can... Keep telling yourself that... I tell my wife that all the time. She just smiles...

Happy landings
str8wing is offline Find More Posts by str8wing
Old Apr 18, 2010, 01:08 PM
Grass Valley California
Joined Jun 2004
2,469 Posts
Black cloud yesterday.

Working on rolling loops, the first 3 quarters were really good and the last one was looking just fine, so much concintration on the loop I forgot the ground! Needed 8 more inches of air, ripped the landing gear, no damage to cowl but slid into a clump of grass and ripped the right wing off. fixable but bummer, this is such a great plane it just lets you push and push, the ground is not so forgiveing.

Dennis
Dennis C is online now Find More Posts by Dennis C
Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:15 PM
Joined Aug 2004
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Black cloud yesterday.

Working on rolling loops, the first 3 quarters were really good and the last one was looking just fine, so much concintration on the loop I forgot the ground! Needed 8 more inches of air, ripped the landing gear, no damage to cowl but slid into a clump of grass and ripped the right wing off. fixable but bummer, this is such a great plane it just lets you push and push, the ground is not so forgiveing.

Dennis
Dennis, same thing happened last sunday to me. I was doing an outside knife edge loop close to the ground and dumb thumbed into the ground. I think I could have pulled out of it if I had an extra foot from the ground. Basically pancaked it on it's belly and ripped the landing gear out. That was about the only thing it did. Just finished fixing it today. I'm tempted to buy another one just for a back up. This plane is too good not to have on hand. Now that it is scard up I think I can get a little more crazy with it and not care.
tho98027 is offline Find More Posts by tho98027
Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:48 PM
Zephyrhills, FL
Joined Oct 2003
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinhigh025 View Post
I have found this to be a good time to hit all the forward joints with thin CA. Focus on the motor box and landing gear mounting areas.

-Jeff
I like to use 30 minute epoxy thinned with alcohol and brushed on all these areas.
Eplane65 is offline Find More Posts by Eplane65