"Hi all ... What do you think ....."
mrstemai is offline Find More Posts by mrstemai
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:09 PM
This stuff is too cool!
Westminster, CO
Joined Jul 2009
49 Posts
Oh yeah, it will rock with a CMB in there. Watch out, it gets a little loose going that fast.
Shark_330 is offline Find More Posts by Shark_330
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2005
13 Posts
Hi there i just a got an outlaw 7.5 and cant get it started have tried 5, 15 and 20 % nitro and have noit been able, have tried two diferent glow plugs, and using a 12v starter with loose plug around here no one has a bigger starter I am in Colombia south america Barranquilla city

do you have any suggestions thnak you in advance

regards
David

david.cybul@gmail.com
davidsai is offline Find More Posts by davidsai
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2005
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3bby View Post
Played with one under review for the Swedish modelling magazine a few months ago. Agree with your comments although we didn't have the starting problems, loosened the plug and it started OK on 12V.
One change I would do immediately is to make a new lip for the front of the hatch to fit under the deck and remove the pins. On our model the small pins had already cracked the deck.
Hi there i just a got an outlaw 7.5 and cant get it started have tried 5, 15 and 20 % nitro and have noit been able, have tried two diferent glow plugs, and using a 12v starter with loose plug around here no one has a bigger starter I am in Colombia south america Barranquilla city

do you have any suggestions thnak you in advance

regards
David

david.cybul@gmail.com
davidsai is offline Find More Posts by davidsai
Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:21 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Is the glow plug glowing nice and bright if you remove it from the engine? Is it turning over, or struggling to spin?

You might have to give it some throttle while turning it over (bring a friend!). Don't use WOT, but about 1/4-1/2 throttle might be needed to get it to fire. Just be sure to drop to idle as soon as it fires so it doesn't over rev.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:56 PM
Battle Creek Mi
Joined Jan 2005
760 Posts
Are you saying it wont turn over or that you can get it to rotate but it won't start?
Crewdogg998 is offline Find More Posts by Crewdogg998
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
I just bought an Outlaw 7.5 off eBay and am really struggling to get it to run properly, I really hope you guys can help point me in the right direction.

I am running it in the UK so fairly cold, damp and near sea level. I am using brand new 25% Nitro fuel and an Enya No.3 Plug (cold), but have tried others.

The boat wouldn't idle for more than a few seconds on any HSN setting initially so I tried changing the LSN. I started at 2 turns out on the LSN and the tried a variety of HSN settings from 3 down to 1 in half turn increments.

I then leaned the LSN by a quarter of a turn and repeated trying the HSN from 3 to 1.

Pretty much the only combo of settings that seems to work is LSN 1.25 HSN 1.25. This will idle and rev, but when on the water seems to run hot and dies when the throttle is opened past half way.

What settings do you guys use and do you have any suggestions for me to try?
jonewman is offline Find More Posts by jonewman
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:57 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
You want a slight bog when hitting the throttle onshore. The prop will put a load on the motor leaning it out. Your plug sounds like the wrong one as you should be using a medium to warm one. A cold plug is for high-nitro (40%+). At those settings you're still way too lean. In colder air and lower altitudes you richer settings.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Dec 02, 2011, 01:40 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Thanks, I'll try a warmer plug and start with LSN 1.5 HSN 2.75 to see if that will works. Will report back, thanks.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Fantastic, the warmer plug and factory settings worked great, she runs really well now. I have a couple more questions if you have time to help:
1 Do you have a recommended plug for the engine
2 The current prop is damaged, I have seen recommendations for both the Prather 230 and Octura X447 props in this thread, any thoughts for a stock boat?
3 I am currently running a few degrees positive trim tab and prop shaft. The boat runs mostly out of the water with the bow nodding. Should I reduce the angle of the the prop or tabs for best speed?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 11:47 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,952 Posts
I've found that on similar boats that an Octura M-445 works really well. Zippkits has a nice 444 prop that I'd like to try on Crewdogg's Outlaw, already sharpened and balanced. A 447 may be too large for a "Sport" engine. The Prather 230 may work.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:29 AM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Thanks Ron, I have a sharpened and balanced Prather 230 (which I think is stock) which I will try first, but will also try the M-445 per your suggesiton. Regards, John.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Am starting to get the hang of tuning this boat and have had a couple of 40mph runs.

The problem I'm having is that when she is is running high out of the water she won't turn left.

Is the stock rudder too short or am I running too high out of the water?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
Battle Creek Mi
Joined Jan 2005
760 Posts
Can I ask what prop you are using?
Crewdogg998 is offline Find More Posts by Crewdogg998
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
I'm using a sharpened and balanced Octura X450/3. I did notice when I ran it over the weekend that I need to trim for a lot of left rudder just to go in a straight line.