Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:21 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
Discussion
Cajon was amazing today.

Just got home: and I had to tell someone. So there it is.

Dave
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:22 PM
Composites Kid
Lima, Peru
Joined Jul 2008
3,122 Posts
Just let it all out

Who did you fly with?

-Alex
Alex.Schweig is offline Find More Posts by Alex.Schweig
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:51 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
It was just incredible, you know the kind of day where you can fly any maneuver and any sequence of maneuvers without really looking for lift because it was everywhere. And if you happen to mess up a maneuver there is virtually no chance of crashing because all you have to do is pull up and you go up.
I was able to fly my Carbon Bird (that thing is so fast), my TFLG Tucano (that thing is becoming my favorite) my Russ Thompson Spitfire (she has invasion stripes now) and my LEG P-51 and P-40. All flew like a dream and all came home undamaged.

Only bad part was that I had called 5 of my sloping buddies and none of them could come out to play today. This is why I have no pictures. There were a few other guys I could have called but after 5 no’s I gave up. My kids were with me though, so they kept me company but no way could my little ones take pictures for me at the speeds I was flying.
All in all; an almost perfect day. It would have been perfect if a couple of slope buddies could have enjoyed it with me.

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DWA; Jul 16, 2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:27 AM
just CHUCK it!
Ramona Ca.
Joined Jun 2003
2,091 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

No pictures?........no proof?.........one of those stories that one dreams up from time to time? Maybe alcohol induced?

Just kidding Dave, I know the feeling as I've had many of those solo epic days with no one else to share with.

Glad to here you had a good time.
racingodds is offline Find More Posts by racingodds
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:59 AM
So Cal
Joined May 2008
2,633 Posts
Those rare days are great. Just don't try to explain it to your non sloping friends.

They just stare at you with a blank look on their faces.
flyzwell is offline Find More Posts by flyzwell
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:36 AM
Bash Burn Bury
Vic
Joined Dec 2007
1,351 Posts
Good one Dave, sounds like an epic day mate.
SLOPE HEAD is offline Find More Posts by SLOPE HEAD
Old Jul 16, 2009, 02:12 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzwell
Those rare days are great. .
Those days aren't that rare at Cajon!
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:36 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
I am still on cloud 9 from yesterday. I went to get a hair cut today, and while I was waiting my turn I just sat down and closed my eyes and envisioned the flying I was experiencing yesterday. ---You guys ever do that? --- Man I love this hobby.
If you have ever experience flying a medium/heavy warbird in epic lift you know exactly what I am talking about, and yeah telling the wife is kind of like telling the family cat or dog. They just don’t get it and never will. But that’s Ok, that’s why we have friends with similar interest and this great forum.

Cajon is about an 1hr 20min from my house if there is no traffic. But I plan on going at least once or twice a week for the rest of the summer. Like TFLG said: Cajon is always good this time of year. , but yesterday was especially good.

TFLG that Tucano you sold me is so amazing; it is super fast, and rolls like a drill bit, loops, does split S and every other maneuver in the book. I truly love it. When I first got it I was a bit afraid to fly it because I did not want to destroy it. That was about 1 ½ years ago, but now I am really starting to fly the (you know what) out of it, and loving it.
I am a good pilot, but not “”a really good pilot”” however yesterday with the Tucano I felt like the best pilot in the world! (Like I said still on cloud 9) It also helped that I was not standing next to and flying with a pilot like your self. (Don’t get me wrong I always enjoy flying with you.) I guess sometimes it is good to fly alone, no one to compare your self to.

What’s your Passion?!?!
Dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:52 PM
WINDEPENDENT
United States, CA, Beaumont
Joined Dec 2007
3,284 Posts
you didnt call me......anyways,,glad you got ot wring'em out dave...
my passion? slope for sure but after bills hill session... that DSN bug gave me the sickness
slopepilot is offline Find More Posts by slopepilot
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:54 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopepilot
you didnt call me......anyways,,glad you got ot wring'em out dave...
my passion? slope for sure but after bills hill session... that DSN bug gave me the sickness
You were one of the guys I was thinking of calling but then never got around to. Next time for sure.
I got bit by the DS Bug this year also. Now I just need a proper DS ship. I still love the front side though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:56 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
What a difference a day makes, glad I have yesterday’s memories to hold on to.
Today is no where near as fun. I am cleaning the house today.
Vacuuming
Moping
Wiping down the baseboards and all other wood trim in the house I.E. Wanes coating, crown molding and cabinets.
Cleaning the bathrooms from top to bottom military style. (I hate scrubbing the toilets.)
Dusting furniture.

And popping up on RCGroups to see what’s going on now and then.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:11 PM
Aerobatics!
United States, CA, Big Bear Lake
Joined Nov 2007
2,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Moping

or mopping???
JGAF is offline Find More Posts by JGAF
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:44 PM
Composites Kid
Lima, Peru
Joined Jul 2008
3,122 Posts
Talk about chores !

Here are mine:

-Feed the dog at 7:00 AM, then walk him for an hour
-Do my bed and wash the breakfast dishes

-Take bus to friend's workshop at 10:00
-Work on JART (not a chore but still daily stuff!)
-Take bus home at 12:00

-Wash, dry and store the lunch dishes
-Swim for 1.5 hours, from 7 to 8:30 (on Fridays it's gym instead off swimming)
-Wash, dry and store the dinner dishes

PS- I really need to go flying at CAJON some day!!!!!

-Alex
Alex.Schweig is offline Find More Posts by Alex.Schweig
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:31 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitter
or mopping???
And there inlies (is that how you spell inlies the spell checker wanted to separate in and lies?) Anyway, and there inlies the reason I am at home mopping (because I can’t spell mopping) and my wife is out making the majority of our family income. I do help some with my professional real estate photography, but mostly I am a stay at home dad. The at- home-dad thing is a good job that I am proud of, but I wish I would have paid more attention in school and went to collage. I did get a 2 year degree at a community collage but that is nothing compared to my wife’s Doctoral Degree of Pharmacy.

I run everything I type through MS Word with the spell checker but it does not catch everything. I have even had times where I am so far off that the spell checker has nothing for me, nor can I find it myself in a dictionary. Then I have to sit and think how to reword what I am saying that does not use that word, or just say nothing at all. If not for spell checker I would not even be on this forum. Oh and most of my punctuation is a guess.
Don’t want to come down too hard on my self though, I am smart in many other ways.

Moral of the story. Stay in school and get a real job.

That way you won’t be at home moping. Although yesterday I was flying epic lift while everyone else was at there real jobs, so I guess there is always more than one way to look at something. If I had a real job I wouldn’t get to fly as much as I do.

So either stay in school or marry a smart professional woman.

Back to cleaning house, I am getting tired and the day is almost over so I need to start making dinner, then wash the disshes. I think I will save the major cleaning of the kitchen for tomorrow.

Dave
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DWA; Jul 16, 2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:36 PM
DWA
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
10,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Schweig
Talk about chores !

Here are mine:

-Feed the dog at 7:00 AM, then walk him for an hour
-Do my bed and wash the breakfast dishes

-Take bus to friend's workshop at 10:00
-Work on JART (not a chore but still daily stuff!)
-Take bus home at 12:00

-Wash, dry and store the lunch dishes
-Swim for 1.5 hours, from 7 to 8:30 (on Fridays it's gym instead off swimming)
-Wash, dry and store the dinner dishes

PS- I really need to go flying at CAJON some day!!!!!

-Alex
Alex that is a good list for someone your age, it will get longer before it gets shorter.
I only listed a small part of my chores. I am just waiting for my kids to get older so I can dump off some of my chores on them like my parents did to me.
Dave
RCG Plus Member