HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 08:56 AM
Joined Aug 2014
17 Posts
Discussion
A Good Next Aircraft

Hi everyone!

So I've been flying for quite some time now. I first started out on the Cox Models Skyranger (whose prop I have now totaled, it's still on my repair list) which I was ok at flying. After that I tried my hand at flying the Parkzone P-51 Ultra Micro, which I haven't flown recently. For the past two months or so (which has amounted to about a month of actual flying mainly because of my schedule becoming more hectic recently) I've been flying the HobbyZone Sport Cub RTF with SAFE and the EFlite Habu S 180 with SAFE tech. I've got a good handle with flying these aircraft in beginner mode and I'm just feeling like picking up another aircraft and was wondering what to pick.

I've been looking at the F4U Corsair with SAFE http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...nology-hbz8280

and the Parkzone T-28 Trojan
http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...an-bnf-pkz4480

but am open to any other suggestions.
deltaKshatriya is offline Find More Posts by deltaKshatriya
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 09:05 AM
Learn to build with wood.
United States, NC, Newport
Joined Sep 2012
1,089 Posts
I think both of those would be decent choices, but as you're still on beginner mode you should probably stick with what you've got until you can fly on expert.
Tucci is offline Find More Posts by Tucci
Old Feb 21, 2015, 09:58 AM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
I think both of those would be decent choices, but as you're still on beginner mode you should probably stick with what you've got until you can fly on expert.
Absolutely.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:05 AM
United States, LA, Kenner
Joined Sep 2014
716 Posts
I'm a few months in and Id recommend going with a plane withOUT safe. I went that route and now when I fly something like. Bix it's like learning all over again.

I went with the t28 myself after the Duet, Delta Ray and I crashed it a good bit in the beginning. It was easily fixable, but it made me nervous flying it for awhile.
Rain1dog is offline Find More Posts by Rain1dog
Old Feb 21, 2015, 03:38 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
962 Posts
I would fly want I got and get my p51 back out. And learn to fly in he other mode's with , safe plane's while safe is great it puts a limit on what a airplane can do. Seems you know safe can help you fly anything. But are you ready to fly anything without it.
papadwight is offline Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Happy RTF Nobody Just Flying
Old Feb 21, 2015, 08:09 PM
Joined Aug 2014
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papadwight View Post
I would fly want I got and get my p51 back out. And learn to fly in he other mode's with , safe plane's while safe is great it puts a limit on what a airplane can do. Seems you know safe can help you fly anything. But are you ready to fly anything without it.
Oh I have no intention of abandoning my other aircraft. I just felt like picking up a new one so I was curious which ones I could pick up.
deltaKshatriya is offline Find More Posts by deltaKshatriya
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:15 PM
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
962 Posts
The s4u Has safe so you know you can fly it. than you have a great looking fighter plane. Both are great planes your flying a jet so you should be able to work in the one you want. When you said you were flying a habu with safe I went to watch some video's of the plane very cool plane.
papadwight is offline Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Happy RTF Nobody Just Flying
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM
BillyV
United States, NY, Vestal
Joined Feb 2015
1 Posts
I just bought a crashed Delta Ray and its missing the plastic bulkhead that glues into the fuselage to hold the front landing gear. This is not the part that comes with the landing gear but part that comes with the fuselage. Does anyone who have this piece I could buy? Thanks, BillyV
BillyV is offline Find More Posts by BillyV