HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2015, 05:27 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,312 Posts
Discussion
Bridi / Great Planes 1/4 scale Cosmic Wind Kit Build

This is an epoxy glass fuse, foam wing and tail, kit. I have been working on it about 3 weeks or so.
So far I have all the airframe pretty much done. Now working on all the piddly crap that takes so long.
I am using a 5065-380Kv motor and plan to use either 6s, with about a 15x12 prop, or possibly 8s w/ a smaller prop.
After I get most of the airframe built, and can determine where the battery should be, I will cut a hatch in the top of the fuse.
Not going to be a detailed build thread, but I will post pics of progress as I go along.
Plan to finish in the #3 "Little Toni" scheme.
Feel free to ask any questions or contribute to the thread.
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2015, 01:01 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,616 Posts
Looks like a very nice kit.

love the orange or blue scheme.
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:12 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,993 Posts
I like the plane, always had an interest in the racers. I assembled a Kyosho Kelly Racer a few years ago and it flew great and fast! The Cosmic Wind looks fast too!
What is the wingspan and expected AUW? Playing with power systems is fun and sometimes actually rewarding, right.

I like the orange or green myself. fwiw Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Jan 31, 2015, 09:14 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,312 Posts
Quite a bit more work on the Cosmic Wind. Hatch for battery is done, built the wing fairing, tail feathers are mounted, servo tray in and cowl cheeks have been epoxied on. Close to time to start the finish work.
tlh101 is offline Find More Posts by tlh101