Joined Jan 2013
423 Posts
Discussion
IS there no-one in the U.S. ?

I've found two great websites.

http://www.model-dockyard.com/index.html

And

http://www.modelshipyard.com.au/

They both supply GREAT parts. Pulleys, Binacles, and all kinds of goodies that would make my America look and function fantastic.

But they are both outside the US and want like 15$ shipping per order. I've looked and looked the internet over, and I cant seem to find a US supplier with even remotely similar inventory. We've got WAY more people on this chunk of land. You'd think there would be a supplier here.

Am I insane? Am I missing something? Or am I just bound to purchase my modeling needs from overseas?
Ronin055 is offline Find More Posts by Ronin055
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 03:00 PM
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,718 Posts
Take a look here:
http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?act...ducts&cat=news

RBModel's in Poland and the shipping is amazingly reasonable. The quality tends to be better in my experience too.
JerryTodd is online now Find More Posts by JerryTodd
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:33 PM
Ah, so its THIS again. . .
United States, NV, Sparks
Joined Jan 2013
423 Posts
Awesome ! Im going to bookmark those guys.

Id still love to find some state side distributors though.
Ronin055 is offline Find More Posts by Ronin055
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:33 AM
United States, WA, Longview
Joined Sep 2012
48 Posts
You can look at wetgoose.com, makers of some of the best looking scale deck fittings from real brass, they'er located in S.W.Washington.
skibo is offline Find More Posts by skibo
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:46 AM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,736 Posts
Ronin055 you have stumbled onto what most of us here have known for a long time. despite the size of our great land, there are more hobby companies out side our shores that cater to this hobby as they have a greater response and tradition to the hobby than we do. With that being said, you can also check with Loyalhanna Dockyard and Harbor Models here in the US as well as Wet Goose Marine
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S