SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:41 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
2,097 Posts
Ugh. Hardware failures are the worst.

I had that on my first too - the wing bolt stripped out. I didn't realize it till one wing rotated about 30' above the blacktop
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:52 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
29,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx4wd View Post
threw this together as and thought you guys might appreciate it...Just testing out the timelapse thing with a static build before I try to film the kids.

http://youtu.be/osvSbRL5kSM?list=UU3...caXiKITe7pwjYw
Man you're a fast builder!! LOL... You need to put this song with the video.... "Flight of the Bumblebee"

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 18, 2015, 03:05 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
3,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1967 View Post
After getting feedback from you guys and Ken I plan to go with the 4315 500Kv and a 15 inch prop. I'm also going to get a higher rated esc and save the Hacker for something else, it looks like 70 amp is going to cut it a little too close.
I thought that's what you'd end up getting after consulting with Ken, it's what I did and I ended up with the same thing. It's a great setup for that plane.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Feb 18, 2015, 03:33 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Man you're a fast builder!! LOL... You need to put this song with the video.... "Flight of the Bumblebee"

SteveT.
+1! What was the elapsed time? I noticed you started when it was dark out, and finished when it was dark out.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:59 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Ugh. Hardware failures are the worst.

I had that on my first too - the wing bolt stripped out. I didn't realize it till one wing rotated about 30' above the blacktop
Yeah - I lost Rx signal using a cheap brand that shall rename nameless and it cost me the entire airframe...I had just gotten it back together from a dumb thumb (which is a lot easier to swallow). I was on a nice upline and then just no control...watched it wing over and lawn dart straight in...killed the fuse but surprisingly the wings survived with just one little knick. Lesson learned and now I've switched to a futaba and haven't had even a blip...
maxx4wd is offline Find More Posts by maxx4wd
Old Feb 18, 2015, 05:00 PM
Joined Feb 2013
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post

SteveT.
LOL - I should see if that's royalty free - I keep getting dinged for copyright infringement from my xmas lightshow so now I just don't put any music in the videos....but that's great.

***updated youtube video with "Flight of the Bumblebee" - much better now...thanks for the suggestion...
Last edited by maxx4wd; Feb 18, 2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 05:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster View Post
+1! What was the elapsed time? I noticed you started when it was dark out, and finished when it was dark out.
I have three little kids at home so my free time begins at about midnight. Unfortunately it took 3 evenings to get done so maybe 9 hrs. there abouts...and one hour that I omitted as I was trying to trouble shoot a bad ESC Bec but didn't recognize the failure right off (probably not a great thing to be doing at 3 am) and kept fiddling with the esc expecting it to turn on magically...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:40 AM
Joined Oct 2009
8 Posts
I got a little time this evening start building the 57, not much done other than cutting holes in the covering on the fuselage and dry fitting the stab and rudder. I was surprised at how much bigger it seems than my 51 slick, I expected the difference would be less noticeable because of the large fuse on the slick. I can't wait to get it in the air.
drew1967 is offline Find More Posts by drew1967
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1967 View Post
I got a little time this evening start building the 57, not much done other than cutting holes in the covering on the fuselage and dry fitting the stab and rudder. I was surprised at how much bigger it seems than my 51 slick, I expected the difference would be less noticeable because of the large fuse on the slick. I can't wait to get it in the air.
you will like it a lot better than the slick. The 57'' extra is a very precise bird, and I could not find any bad habits it had when I had one.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Feb 19, 2015, 02:52 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
3,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
you will like it a lot better than the slick. The 57'' extra is a very precise bird, and I could not find any bad habits it had when I had one.
I actually like them equally, they are a bit different and the extra size of the 57 is nice, the 51 is a just a great fun 3D bird. If I'm in the mode for 3D flying only that's the one that comes with me.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Feb 19, 2015, 03:01 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,626 Posts
I'm with 3Daddict, but in general it's mostly about how you were introduced to 3D and if your flying style matches the idiosyncrasies with the Slick or not. I came by way of the 3dhs Extras and Edges and took some time to get used to the Slicks... none are bad options though
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:53 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
I'm with 3Daddict, but in general it's mostly about how you were introduced to 3D and if your flying style matches the idiosyncrasies with the Slick or not. I came by way of the 3dhs Extras and Edges and took some time to get used to the Slicks... none are bad options though
Yep, the slick is good in its own way. However the first time I flew a 3dhs extra they just fit my flying style perfect. Eventually I will have to get another. I am thinking about getting my 51'' slick back up and flying this year.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Today, 12:26 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie433 View Post
PM Sent. Thanks!
Tried to PM you back but your box is full, so if you still need the axles PM me you address
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3