Old Feb 05, 2016, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by wazoo22
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
Hi Wazoo22,
i had a look in the "files" tab and i just found how to set the VTx frequency but nothing else.

Thank you anyway !

Have a nice day
Yup. That's my point. That's all there is, and it's not much.
Hope someone else smarter has doped it out.
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2016, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by Dreamcatcher
Warbirds Lover
South of France
Joined Jan 2008
2,247 Posts
i'm waiting the postman that should bring me a video Rx and Quanum V2 Fpv goggles...

I hope to be able to use them with the Mobius VTx
Dreamcatcher is offline Find More Posts by Dreamcatcher
Old Feb 09, 2016, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by Waflet
Joined Feb 2012
129 Posts
Hideeho
Has anyone run a de-cassed Mobius? I am trying for a sub 250g build w/ an HD cam. De-cassing (& using the flight battery) a mobius or a runcam v1 is about the only I can see it happening.
Waflet is offline Find More Posts by Waflet
Last edited by Waflet; Feb 10, 2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by wkf94025
United States, CA, Napa
Joined May 2014
1,056 Posts
Been thinking about a stripped-down Mobius for FPV, but you first. ;-)

Keep us posted...

Kelly
wkf94025 is online now Find More Posts by wkf94025
Old Feb 10, 2016, 04:35 AM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
21,026 Posts
What about the M2?

Will it be lighter when it finally comes out? Has anyone seen more information on the mew Modius?

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Feb 10, 2016, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
What about the M2?

Will it be lighter when it finally comes out? Has anyone seen more information on the mew Modius?

The latest M2 beta version weighs about the same as a standard Mobius with wide angle lens.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:28 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
19,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waflet View Post
Hideeho
Has anyone run a de-cassed Mobius? I am trying for a sub 25g build w/ an HD cam. De-cassing (& using the flight battery) a mobius or a runcam v1 is about the only I can see it happening.
You'd need to have a way to firmly anchor the CMOS/Lens module if you totally remove the case since it would be dangling by its ribbon cable. The slightest movement will be very noticeable in the video out. The case weighs 11 gms. with the heat sink and 9 gms without it. I think you'd be better off weight-wise to keep the front portion of the case as a minimum that has the internal tabs that secure the CMOS/lens module, and cut off the rest. I did something similar, but for a servo-activated lens module 90 deg. pitch application. And don't forget the Mobius needs 5V (+- .25V) external USB power, so you'd need to have a regulated 5V UBEC if powering the camera directly from the flight battery.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 02:11 PM
Find More Posts by Waflet
Joined Feb 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
You'd need to have a way to firmly anchor the CMOS/Lens module if you totally remove the case since it would be dangling by its ribbon cable. The slightest movement will be very noticeable in the video out. The case weighs 11 gms. with the heat sink and 9 gms without it. I think you'd be better off weight-wise to keep the front portion of the case as a minimum that has the internal tabs that secure the CMOS/lens module, and cut off the rest. I did something similar, but for a servo-activated lens module 90 deg. pitch application. And don't forget the Mobius needs 5V (+- .25V) external USB power, so you'd need to have a regulated 5V UBEC if powering the camera directly from the flight battery.
Hideeho
If I'm adding this right, I should end up with a Mobius weighing in around 24g-25g. Remove case (9g), heat sink (2g), & lipo (10g). Add a connector, v-reg, & heat shrink tubing (4g+/-) & add polymorph/instamorph lens mount (5g+/-). This will put me VERY close to my goal (4g-5g over). Considering I still have a full height antenna, a shorty might get me my goal, &/or actual 3" props instead of cut down 5" props.
Waflet is offline Find More Posts by Waflet
Old Feb 10, 2016, 08:47 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
19,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waflet View Post
Considering I still have a full height antenna, a shorty might get me my goal, &/or actual 3" props instead of cut down 5" props.
Running with cut down props is never a good idea, even if they are well balanced. They will be less efficient that props designed to be 3 in dia. You will lose thrust, speed or both.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
I am flying wild :-)
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jan 2012
321 Posts
sorry, wrong thread ...
wildflyer1de is offline Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
Last edited by wildflyer1de; Mar 13, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
I am flying wild :-)
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jan 2012
321 Posts
watch some very spectacular views from Swiss Matterhorn with the mobius:
Best FPV location EVER!!! Swiss Matterhorn (4 min 29 sec)
wildflyer1de is offline Find More Posts by wildflyer1de
Old Mar 30, 2016, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by SamB080
Joined Mar 2016
5 Posts
Hi all, I have recently added FPV to my Quanum Nova with the Mobius and need some help trouble shooting an issue I have.

Setup includes:

- Quanum Nova
- Little Pilot HD FPV Monitor
- Quanum Elite X50-2 200mw, 40 Channel Raceband, FPV Transmitter
- Mobius Action Cam
- Mobius USB to AV Out FPV cable

When I first hooked it up, without an SD card in the camera, the picture was received perfectly on the Little Pilot monitor. Having today installed the SD card into the camera and gone through the configuration procedure, I'm getting the picture displayed in very strange colours. Kind of like X-ray or infrared.

The camera actually records in perfect colour. If I play back recorded video on my MAC, it looks great. However, if I play back the same file through the video out to the monitor (through the transmitter/receiver combo), it looks the same blue/red/xray style.

I've since tried removing the SD card again from the camera to see if that works, to no avail.

Any other suggestions? What might I have done during the configuration of the Mobius to effect the video out quality/colouring? Any other suggestions?

Cheers, Sam.
SamB080 is offline Find More Posts by SamB080
Old Apr 07, 2016, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by Harvcopter
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Jan 2016
157 Posts
Hey Guys,

Question: When I start the msetup.exc application to configure my camera, the application does not recognize the camera. In other words nothing in the top box is filled in and none of the configuration buttons activate. I've tried downloading a new driver but I'm getting ambiguous messages such as "driver not installed" and "latest driver installed." Not sure what's going on. Could it be that the camera is no good? All mode lights are working.

Harv
Harvcopter is offline Find More Posts by Harvcopter
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 07, 2016, 02:54 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
19,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvcopter View Post
Hey Guys,

Question: When I start the msetup.exc application to configure my camera, the application does not recognize the camera. In other words nothing in the top box is filled in and none of the configuration buttons activate. I've tried downloading a new driver but I'm getting ambiguous messages such as "driver not installed" and "latest driver installed." Not sure what's going on. Could it be that the camera is no good? All mode lights are working.
Harv
Standard Windows drivers should work with the camera unless they are corrupted. But when there is no camera displayed in the GUI selection pane, the camera is not connected as a USB removable drive. Common causes of this are flaky USB cables or PC ports (try several different combos) or not having a memory card in the camera (in which case it will give USB connection tones, but it's in web cam mode, not removable drive mode).
Last edited by Tom Frank; Apr 07, 2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 09, 2016, 02:44 AM
Find More Posts by CHEF-UK
East Midlands, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Mar 2004
218 Posts
hi guys. UK based here.

I have a Mobius, normal lens. fix it to various electric and glow models. would like to have a go with it with FPV.

What equipment do i need. I have nothing except the camera at the moment.

Thanks
CHEF-UK is online now Find More Posts by CHEF-UK