New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2015, 06:24 AM
Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
3,899 Posts
Probably mode 1. There may be a pot or cable issue. I would strongy recommend sending it in for service. Hitting electronics does not solve problems. Maybe you are good for a day or another, but what happens if this occurs when flying ?
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2015, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by scallybert
London
Joined May 2008
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Probably mode 1. There may be a pot or cable issue. I would strongy recommend sending it in for service. Hitting electronics does not solve problems. Maybe you are good for a day or another, but what happens if this occurs when flying ?
Exactly.
scallybert is offline Find More Posts by scallybert
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:51 PM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
4,816 Posts
Hey 18QQ fans.... I am downsizing and have 2 DX18QQs to sell if anyone is interested. I will be putting them up in the sales area this week.

1 is brand new and never used. Case has a couple of IN THE HOUSE scuffs. Radio has never had the battery peaked and has never had a model even programmed. No RX... I do have the neck strap, manual, flashlight and hat. Comes with charger, battery and 1GB SD card for Model Program Storage. As good as it gets.... I will show the serial number when I put it up.

1 is my bread and butter radio. Well used by an adult for last year. Never mistreated, never dropped and never stored outside. Performs like a dream. Great TX, Still has film on LCD screen. Case shows basic wear. radio shows very light wear. I have a nice radio decal (digital camo vinyl) and will show pict when I list. No RX, No Hat. Comes with manual, strap, flashlight, charger, battery and 1GD SD Card.

Love the radio, but time to sell off, pay some bills and down size.

PM me if any interest.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by kydawg1
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
4,816 Posts
Here is the used one...still in great shape. New one to be put up this week.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2522366
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by DamonH
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
5,235 Posts
Can the latest update be downloaded and installed if your tx is a couple of updates behind? Is there any important changes in the last two updates as I hate having to rebind all my planes if there isn't any important updates because some aren't easy to get to....

Also, I just exported all models and saved them to my computer but when I looked at it all the models have at least two files. How do you know which is the correct one to import after an update?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Last edited by DamonH; Mar 19, 2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Multi-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
4,986 Posts
Most of the newer updates don't require rebinding.

If you log into the portal and the only file there is the latest, then you can go directly to that version.

The release notes on the portal detail the changes.
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5,235 Posts
Thanks for the info. I went to the portal earlier and it shows I have both 1.07 and 1.08 which is why I was asking if I can just do 1.08 and be good (does 1.08 include 1.07)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey View Post
Most of the newer updates don't require rebinding.

If you log into the portal and the only file there is the latest, then you can go directly to that version.

The release notes on the portal detail the changes.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
33,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Can the latest update be downloaded and installed if your tx is a couple of updates behind? Is there any important changes in the last two updates as I hate having to rebind all my planes if there isn't any important updates because some aren't easy to get to....
If you are going from a 50-model memory to the latest version, you WILL have to rebind. If you are already using a 250-model capability then you are OK.

Quote:
Also, I just exported all models and saved them to my computer but when I looked at it all the models have at least two files. How do you know which is the correct one to import after an update?
Create a new folder on the PC. Copy the SD card to this folder. Now in two windows compare the two folders side-by-side. Delete folders from the "both" folder that show up in the new folder.

From here out, name your folders by date. Put a fresh export into a folder named with today's date. Now you can go back at any time to find a file for any particular export.

You can also make folders on the SD card (using the PC) and select that folder before doing the Export All on the transmitter.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:45 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
33,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Thanks for the info. I went to the portal earlier and it shows I have both 1.07 and 1.08 which is why I was asking if I can just do 1.08 and be good (does 1.08 include 1.07)?
Yes it does. You only ever need to update to the newest. I try to leave the old one up for a bit in case of problems, but no problems have come up so when I get a chance (thanks for reminding me) I'll turn the old one off.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2016, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5,235 Posts
Thanks for the help Andy. However, when I look at the files that I exported to the sd card and the folder on the computer side by side they are exactly the same. For example for the first model both have 001~Habu 32.SPM and both have 01Habu 32.SPM. That exact same scenario shows for all models...

Also, what update went to 250 model memory? Looks like I have 1.02 I'm betting I'll have to rebind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
If you are going from a 50-model memory to the latest version, you WILL have to rebind. If you are already using a 250-model capability then you are OK.

Create a new folder on the PC. Copy the SD card to this folder. Now in two windows compare the two folders side-by-side. Delete folders from the "both" folder that show up in the new folder.

From here out, name your folders by date. Put a fresh export into a folder named with today's date. Now you can go back at any time to find a file for any particular export.

You can also make folders on the SD card (using the PC) and select that folder before doing the Export All on the transmitter.

Andy
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:15 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
33,774 Posts
Ah. I didn't realize you already had the files on your SD card. I thought you were talking about them in a folder on your PC.

The 3-digit numbers (001~Habu) are from 250-model memory exports.

The 2-digit number (01Habu) are from 50-model exports.

So what you need to do is sort the models that way. Put the 2-digit ones into one folder, and the 3-digit ones into another.

Since you have 3-digit export, that means you have 250 model memory already and shouldn't need to rebind anything!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:18 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5,235 Posts
Outstanding Andy....you are the doo doo!! So what update incorporated the 250 model memory? I was thinking since I only had 1.02 I was only on 50...
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:23 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
33,774 Posts
Download the PDF where you got the SAX file for the newest version. Then start flipping through it. It tells you everything we ever changed in your radio.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:37 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5,235 Posts
Thanks Andy, I really appreciate the help!
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:43 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5,235 Posts
My last update (1.02) was the one that went to 250 model memory...whew! Can you do an update when the tx is plugged in and charging?