Find More Posts by nickchud
What could possibly go wrong?
Market Harborough
Joined Apr 2006
4,076 Posts
Fascinating and informative!

With Lee's triple dog dare and G-Lo's:
Quote:
There is this guy from Japan. I thought you saw this already.
Watch "Ultimate bird type airplane structure
My little brain wheels have started turning.

I have this wing in my broken planes dept. The plane was a Lancaster with KFm3 'airfoil' and it flew very well until I got an electrical problem. As often happens with crashed planes, you end up with an intact wing and a lot of broken fuselage parts. With a 62" ws and 4 motors, she weighed 52oz and, in an experiment, she carried an extra 1 lb of ballast very successfully.

The plan is to convert it to 2 small motors with folding props and a body-tail arrangement like the guy from Japan. Naturally, needs a new paint job. The advantage of twin motors is that you can have a complete bird's head without the need to carry the motor on a pod.

That might work. I wonder if I need that moving leading edge, like the Japanese plane?

nickchud is offline Find More Posts by nickchud
Last edited by nickchud; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by G-LO
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,290 Posts
Hey, give it a try!

If I may add, after seeing Kanai's invention (the guyfrom Japan ),Robert Musters adopted the same principles and used it ever since. Robert mentioned that on his fpv birds using one of Kanai's methods - which is the aileron /leading edge yawning,- it made for a smoother flatter turn which he desired fpv use.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO