HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2002, 11:39 AM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,167 Posts
NEAT Fair + Gary Wright + Smart = WOWOWOW !!!

For me, one of the Highlights of the NEAT fair was to see Gary Wright ring the snot out of his Smart HotLiner - It was the next best thing to the true F5B open class stuff, an he was only on 10 cells !! I was surprise that the wings didnt rip off !!

Truely Amazing......that kind of performance for prolly half the cost of true F5B .....now i know what exact setup is going into mine

anyone else have to find their Jaw after his flights ??

Alan W
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2002, 10:33 PM
jak
Taipei Taiwan
Joined Feb 2000
117 Posts
What setup are you going to use, batteries etc?

Any deviations from Gary's setup?

jak
jak is offline Find More Posts by jak
Old Sep 22, 2002, 06:20 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
Yeah, I can see why Gary likes his Smart so much.. Just what he needs to get the speed fix after the helicopter flying.. I would like to know approx. how many flight hours Gary has flying helos/fixed wing.. I'd guess more than a few thousand.. Either that, or he's just plain gifted..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Sep 22, 2002, 07:11 PM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,138 Posts
no "gifts",..... it takes me a lot of time to learn things ,.. I'm sort of a slow learner,..I just fly a LOT. I remember my record with glow was the month prior to the 93 nats when i was flying class 3 with helis. I burnt just over 60 gallons of fuel that month. Yesterday i flew 27 battery packs, and did 23 today. Yes,.. that's exactly 50 flights in two days,.. spread across multiple aircraft. I really love flying,..just can't get enough of it.
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Sep 22, 2002, 09:06 PM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Mar 1999
1,141 Posts
Quote:
I burnt just over 60 gallons of fuel that month
WOW,60 gallons in a month?That's 2 gallons a day!Did you sleep any that month?
Hammer is offline Find More Posts by Hammer
Old Sep 22, 2002, 10:38 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,684 Posts
Gary forgot to mention that he drinks glow fuel. That's the source of his power....
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Sep 23, 2002, 06:29 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,138 Posts
No I don't drink glow fuel In '93 I was working a job that was 5am till 2pm. flying and fueling, without the normal BS'ing at the field,.. a gallon would go just under 2 hours, so by about 6:30 or so each day I'd be through 2 gallons. (field very close to work). that time was an anomoly though. A "normal" day at the field was a gallon of fuel. That's really only 8 full tanks, so it equates to about 9 flights. I actually fly a lot more now with electrics than was my norm with glow. Strange,..but judging by the cummulative transmitter "on" timer,.. instead of a couple hours "on" time during a flying session, it's close to double that now.

Quote:
Originally posted by soholingo
Gary forgot to mention that he drinks glow fuel. That's the source of his power....
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Sep 23, 2002, 07:04 AM
Joined Jul 2001
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GWRIGHT
..I just fly a LOT. I remember my record with glow was the month prior to the 93 nats when i was flying class 3 with helis. I burnt just over 60 gallons of fuel that month. Yesterday i flew 27 battery packs, and did 23 today. Yes,.. that's exactly 50 flights in two days,.. spread across multiple aircraft. I really love flying,..just can't get enough of it.
That's amazing. I wish I could fly only a fraction of what you fly. Some day I'll get some continuity going.
quietfly is offline Find More Posts by quietfly