Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio

Team Associated B5 & B5M Team Kits

Making the best even better!

Splash

The doors to AREA 51 have opened and revealed the B5 & B5M Team Kit buggies!

Team Associated is not known for its complacency and is constantly looking to stay ahead of its competition. This could not be any clearer with the all new releases of the RC10B5 Team Kit and RC10B5M Team Kit buggies. The 1/10-scale 2WD off-road buggy class is one of the most contested in RC and is one the Associated has dominated since the release of the original RC10 buggy. Today there are multiple track conditions that these race buggies must contend with including natural dirt, European multi-surface and high-traction blue groove. It order to dominate each of these very different surfaces, Team Associated developed a mid-motor and rear motor buggy in the B5M and B5.

The B5 is based on the race-proven B4, but is built on a newly designed narrow tub chassis to keep the vehicles mass centralized and balanced for improved overall performance. Team Associated has already included Factory Team parts like Big Bore threaded shocks and VTS slipper clutch along with a new transmission, new heavy-duty steering and caster blocks, an updated steering system and that is just some of the highlights.

The B5M is not a hybrid where it can switch between a rear- and mid-motor configurations, but is a dedicated mid-motor setup. This mid-motor configuration is what you want for high-speed, high-grip tracks and with its new suspension and chassis adjustments, the B5M can be tuned for either dirt or multi-surface tracks. It features a hard anodized aluminum chassis, gull wing front suspension arm geometry, Factory Team V2 shocks, VTS slipper clutch, plus so much more.

Learn more—TEAM ASSOCIATED!

Discussion

Old Dec 31, 2013, 05:24 PM
United States, WA, St John
Joined Jun 2012
570 Posts
Looks really good to me Interesting choice for going to two buggies instead of a convertible system like the 22 or Durango. Time will tell if this is a good choice.

It also looks like they addressed the number 1 complaint against the B4.* with the new ball cups. Very interested to see if the plastics get sloppy as quick as the 4 series as well.

I'm not sure they could have picked a worse looking body for it though....dang that is hideous! Aftermarket to the rescue there
Jimmy the Heater is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy the Heater
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2013, 06:57 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,361 Posts
^^^^ I hear ya I've seen a few of these newer buggies and the bodies are god awful^^
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Jan 02, 2014, 11:05 AM
Joined Oct 2013
2 Posts
Just placed my order at the LHS. Put down a deposit and told them I want the first one in the door.

LHS is telling me March delivery.

Will post update as soon as I get the box open and start assembly.
tsykes is offline Find More Posts by tsykes
Old Jan 02, 2014, 01:48 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsykes View Post
Just placed my order at the LHS. Put down a deposit and told them I want the first one in the door.

LHS is telling me March delivery.

Will post update as soon as I get the box open and start assembly.
Sweet! Which one are you getting? Rear or Mid-motor?

And yes, definitely keep us posted once you get it!
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A little about me.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2013
2 Posts
Going for the B5M. Local track is high grip.
tsykes is offline Find More Posts by tsykes
Old Jan 03, 2014, 04:06 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,487 Posts
can some one tell me what the advantages are of having the motor mid or rear mounted are
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Jan 03, 2014, 02:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
can some one tell me what the advantages are of having the motor mid or rear mounted are
In a nutshell the rear motor is considered better for low grip tracks for more weight over the driving wheels.

Mid Motor is better for high grip tracks like astroturf and carpet. More weight on the front can get the car turning better when you don't have to worry about balancing that with the amount of traction you have.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2014, 04:19 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
I can't understand why they're two different kits instead of making a single kit with parts for both configurations (like Losi and Durango).
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 08, 2014, 02:01 PM
Joined Jun 2012
570 Posts
I think the main reason they did that is because the rear motor has a composite chassis and the MM has an aluminum one. Too much work to swap a whole chassis to change configurations easily.

The composite chassis flex characteristics allow more traction and better handling for the rear motor. And vice versa for the stiff aluminum chassis.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2014, 03:49 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
VIDEO of the RC10B5!

Team Associated RC10B5 Team Kit (1 min 59 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2014, 04:08 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,055 Posts
Somehow it doesn't feel like the cars are pushed really hard in the vid. Maybe the cars filmed are fast, but it doesn't look very fast. It jumps well indeed.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2014, 05:08 AM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
Check out NeoBuggy's detailed photos and interview with the B5 designer!
http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/01/22/e...lead-designer/
mp9898 is offline Find More Posts by mp9898
Old Jan 22, 2014, 02:31 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Video of the RC10B5M (mid-motor)

Team Associated RC10B5M Team Kit (2 min 16 sec)
RCG Plus Member