HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:30 PM
nja
Vero Beach, Florida USA
Joined Aug 2010
162 Posts
Tom,

I level the Guardian then reset the origin with the software, being that the bottom of the gyro is parallel with the horizontal stab it fly's straight, using a level on the horizontal stab works the same.

Nils
nja is offline Find More Posts by nja
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:50 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Thanks, my stab is glued to the bottom of my fuselage and it is straight as a poker so I should be good to go. I'll keep ya posted.
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:27 PM
nja
Vero Beach, Florida USA
Joined Aug 2010
162 Posts
Tom,

as a pre-flight please confirm the rotor tilts in the opposite direction, tilt your model nose down and confirm the rotor tilts backwards then tilt it left to confirm it tilts the rotor right, just a quick test as a precautionary.

Good luck with the test flight.

Nils
nja is offline Find More Posts by nja
Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Thanks Nils, I have already done that test but fully intend to do it before each flying session. I have seen to many guys come out to the field, start their models, wiggle the sticks, and think that is OK. It isn't in my book. I always make sure they are moving in the right direction, always, before committing aviation, especially if I have worked on the model back in the shop. It's cheap insurance. I flew full scale back in the 70s and you would never take to the air without doing a through preflight. My arse might not be in this one, but my wallet is. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith