HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:23 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppterX View Post
sorry about the crash....I'm not sure that a test glide without power would have made any difference . Mine glides fine but requires immediate input of down elevator to get it from ballooning on launch. in the above, I suspect down elevator would've have saved the day....it can be held or set up as a mix. I launch parallel to the ground which gives me plenty of time to react.

if you do replace the fuse, I would suggest a light toss and gradual input of power just to get a feel....if there is an experienced pilot nearby have him (or her) fly it. I banged up my first fuselage too, so you're not alone.

couple of things about the replacement fuse - it does not come with rudder hinges or pushrods, so those have to be scavenged.
Fuse is fine. No replacement is needed. The right wing however had to get it's aluminum spar tube re glued back in. Good to go on that. Probably stronger than the china glue that was used.
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:32 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Jun 2013
518 Posts
The most recent Naton video has a bunch of tips for repairs.

http://www.radiocarbonart.com/GRLDVD/ with 5 min preview.

R/C Glider Repair Lab Preview Trailer (5 min 16 sec)

Alan
Thoren is offline Find More Posts by Thoren
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2014, 05:38 AM
Joined Sep 2011
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Yes, that is what I said, TE of elevator 64mm above bottom of fuselage, measured straight up, my CG was 118mm from LE at wingroot, that was spot on, she shows thermals pretty well, I can bring it more back I guess, but why change it, when it works well.

Did you reinforce the cracks in your cockpit area? Give it some extra matting underneath the rear of the canopy area.
Appreciate it! Thanks
proline1 is offline Find More Posts by proline1